Anyone else have problems with the cable slide unit on the Xlt's

wrgrs50s

I have the XLT277 RLS which uses the cable slide in the bedroom for the closet. The problem, is that the rubber seals on the upper left and lower right side of the slide are torn. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the slide out itself, or the frame of the slide is out of square. When opening or closing the slide it actually contacts the frame that the slide fits in, causing the rubber to tear. I noticed this at first while standing outside the unit I could see that the screw heads on the slide trim were shiny, instead of white, as if rubbing on something. While running the slide in and out you can see where the metal to metal contact is happening.
The real kicker is that I just got the unit back from the factory last month for a repair in the hitch area for frame flex. I was told they probably pulled the slide out because they had to disassemble the sides and remove the front cap off the unit to re-weld broken welds. My warranty is now out and I'm really nervous even though Eric at Heartland told me to take it in to Explorer RV in Mesquite to determine what is happening. Eric sent me the rubber to replace the seals but my concern is that the new seals will tear also if something is not done to correct the out of square issue.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and how it was corrected.

jbeletti

I haven't had that happen but I sugest you call Eric to see if he will "authorize" the inspection time for your dealer. From what you describe, the slide room likely does need adjustment and when they inspect it, if they find it out of spec, they can call Eric to get authorization to adjust it.

wrgrs50s

Thanks jbeletti, Originally, I just thought the rubber seals needed replacement and Eric sent those out and stated he would authorize charges for an independent to replace them. Upon further inspection and thinking it may be out of square, I called him back and he said I should take it to the dealer for a closer look. He indicated that he would see that it's taken care of. Guess I'm just nervous that it will turn out to be something unusual. So far the problems I've had have been taken care of, I'm just hoping this is an easy fix and I can start enjoying my rig without worry !!! If you know what I mean !