22 Chesapeake Bedroom Slide leaking

Charlieb

Hello, I have a 22 Chesapeake that I purchased last November and since day 1, I have had issues with the bedroom slide leaking. The initial issue was that the D-bulb seal on the top of the slide was not installed correctly, where the (not sure if I am using the correct term) flap/seal was cut off short and did not extend over the side slide seals. To make a long story short, it took multiple service trips, because the mobile service company was depending on Heartland to send the correct parts and they did not. I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer can not identify the correct parts? With this abnormal rainy weather we have been having in Fl. this winter, my leak is back. Looking over all the seals, it is not apparent to me where the source of the leak is, but my carpet around the head of the bed is soaked and I get water on the floor, on the front side of the slide out. Next week I am scheduled to have a service look at it again. Anyone else having issues with bedroom slide leaking and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

rhodies1

Check and seal around your slide windows. Caulk top…sides and slightly around bottom corners leaving the bottom of window open in case water does get in. You may have a window not sealed properly. I have had this issue. Sometimes when window is installed the butyl tape is not installed correctly causing window leaks.

Charlieb

Check and seal around your slide windows. Caulk top…sides and slightly around bottom corners leaving the bottom of window open in case water does get in. You may have a window not sealed properly. I have had this issue. Sometimes when window is installed the butyl tape is not installed correctly causing window leaks.
Thanks, I'll have service look at them.