Anyone ever heard of Roadlux tires?

pro668

I was looking at the Roadlux R126 to put on a new 4100 King. Anyone every had experience with that tire? Thanks.

Lynn1130

Can't find much on them other than they are a Chinese tire and fairly new to the market. Those two things alone would steer me in the other direction from them.

pro668

Thanks. Wondering to go with them or goodyear 614's. Save money with Roadlux or spend more for goodyear?

ILH

Thanks. Wondering to go with them or goodyear 614's. Save money with Roadlux or spend more for goodyear?

The last thing you want to do is keep checking your mirrors for blowouts. Get peace-of-mind and buy the Goodyear G614s.

Lynn1130

Why would you want to go with Chinese or Korean tires? I know that many are now made in other countries but there are so many suggestions for good tires on this site that going with some untried tire that might leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere with no cell service and 2K dollars in damage to your trailer to save $300 just does not make sense in my books. Spend the money and buy good tires.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just an assumption on my part, but the name "Roadlux" just sounds like another China Bomb.

If you can afford it and you have the proper rims, get the G614's. Trace

Jim.Allison

Cost of ownership is different than cheaper. The GY G614 cost less to own, but cost more to get into. Tires are a "pay me now or pay me later" proposition. Some members are getting the G614's for as little $225 plus mounting and balancing. This price plummet is probably due to the price of oil being so low. It is a buyers market for tires right now. I think I would buy anything but a foreign tire and I surely would try to steer clear of ST tires.

MagnoliaTom

Cost of ownership is different than cheaper. The GY G614 cost less to own, but cost more to get into. Tires are a "pay me now or pay me later" proposition. Some members are getting the G614's for as little $225 plus mounting and balancing. This price plummet is probably due to the price of oil being so low. It is a buyers market for tires right now. I think I would buy anything but a foreign tire and I surely would try to steer clear of ST tires.

Can anyone actually confirm that pricing? Where did they buy them? Best I've been able to find is around $315 a tire. I'm going to go with sailuns myself. They're about $165 a tire.

Jim.Allison

Sorry, I reread the post, the member got a credit for his old tires and a rebate which made his purchase quite a bit less.

But, I had no problem selling my 2000 mile Towmax tires for 80 buck each. Wo which ever way you go try to sell your old tires on Craigslist. It sure helps.

There is another member who has a set already mounted that are new that he wants to sell. If anyone knows who he is, that might be a good source for a set of G614s.

Can anyone actually confirm that pricing? Where did they buy them? Best I've been able to find is around $315 a tire. I'm going to go with sailuns myself. They're about $165 a tire.

TandT

I have never seen G614s for under $329. I also saw the post about the supposed purchase of them for two hundred something dollars each.

To my knowledge, no further evidence of that price was ever seen anywhere. Trace

Jim.Allison

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/50485-Local-Tire-Dealer-on-G614-s?highlight=Sell+G614

The above link is to a thread on this site where members are buying g614 and getting rebates making the total in the $225 range.

TandT

$333 OTD (mine were $340), is about the going rate and that appears to be what is on the invoice.
$100 mail in rebate on a set of four, makes it closer to $308 OTD.
Selling your old tires back to the tire shop is a whole different chapter. Trace

Last edited:

whp4262

So far I'm still having good luck with the Taskmaster Provider tires sold at discount tire. I had to replace one the other day but it wasn't the fault of the tire. I ran over a bush in a turnout and got a spine stuck in the sidewall causing a small air leak, took a while to find the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk