Anyone know what E2 in Dometic Rooftop AC in 2012 Cyclone 3800

Stooch

We were running on the generator trying to cool the main cabin down while prepping for a trip. It turned off and is showing E2 in all phases. It will not turn back on.

jimtoo

HI Stooch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

This is link to Heartland Users Guides, hopefully you can find your problem here. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon also.

Jim M

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
From the Dometic Single Zone LCD thermostat manual:

Error Code:
E1 Loss of communication between the Single Zone LCD thermostat and the module
board. LCD will cycle between E1 and the previous mode setting. System
will shut down.
E2 Open circuit or out of range Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and cooling
operation will be locked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and cooling operation will be
locked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat
Pump operation will be locked out. Air Conditioner, Fan and Furnace operation
can continue to operate.
E5 Open circuit or out of range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner mode of operation
will be locked out. Furnace, heat strip, heat pump and fan mode of operation can
continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.

Perhaps a loose connection at the thermostat or the AC unit itself.

Stooch

Thanks so much that is so helpful. I shut the whole thing down since we were just prepping to leave the next day. I let is all cool down and since I was running it off the generator I **** it down as well. I went out in early in the morning and fired it all back up again. It worked! I learned a lot last night reading the HUG. I know I will keep learning more with all your help. Thanks again.