Are all hitches the same ?????

oldmannj

OK I finally bought a truck.......used of course. My problem is this....it has a set of draw tite rails in it with a gooseneck hitch. I'd like to go with a "normal" 5th wheel hitch. My question is are the spreads on the legs from front to rear the same with all manufacturers or are they company specific?? If a couple of you fellows would be so kind as to measure the locking holes center to center for me it would be a HUGE help !!!!! Or if you know for sure they are the same/different I'd appreciate that info too. I can't seem to find any info on the measurements of the legs front to back anywhere. THANX ED.

Brazos

Ed I believe those measurements are the same for hitches. The rail placement in the bed may be different for different trucks. Go to Etrailer.com and you can see videos and installation instructions for rail installs and different hitches. You may get a better idea.
I had a Reese 16K hitch mounted on my rails and I switched to a Trail Saver air ride hitch and the new hitch fit the same as the old Reese hitch.

BHEWITTJR

I just bought a new F350 and tried to put my old Pulrite hitch in it on the new rails and found out they are different. The newer hitches are 22" across the legs compared to 25" on the old ones. They called it industry standard, so I'm guessing everyone is the same now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmannj

My application is far from new, but the 25" measurement is what I was looking for THANX !!!! ED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]