Area Campground Recomendations

kernst

I'm looking for recommendations for area campgrounds in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas area. Based out of the Tulsa area I'd like to start venturing out a little further than the local lakes. Private or public campground, I'm fine either way. Someplace that takes reservations would be nice, but not required. Traveling with 2 kids, so a nice playground and/or local attractions/points of interest would be nice.

Primarily I'm looking for somewhere new this fall, mid October. That should be just about right for the trees to be changing color, so the mountains of SE Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri sound the most appealing at the moment. But really, anywhere nice that you recommend I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Kurt

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Toad suck corps of engineers park in toad suck Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

We've camped at Indian Point, a COE park near Branson, MO. Nice campground, kid friendly, near Silver Dollar City & pretty close to the attractions in Branson. The campsites aren't packed close together, & plenty of shade. The only drawback is they don't have FHU, water & elec. only, with a dump station. There is a marina there & you can rent boats (pontoon, fishing, & ski, also jet skis). The website is http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71223

scottyb

Hidden Lake RV park, Ardmore, OK. Nice place. I did a overnight stopover in June and doing a repeat Labor Day weekend.