Arizona and cheap diesel!

Lynn1130

Best price I find around me via Gas Buddy is Fry's at 3.28. If I use my Fry's fuel card and get a buck a gal off it comes out to 2.28 and that ain't bad!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
whoo hoo.... once we got settled in, I checked out gas buddy and found several stations in the 3.05 to 3.09 price range. Things are better now.

GOTTOYS

$3.55 is the best I could find in my area for diesel here in MN. That's only $1.04 more than gasoline....Yikes!!...Don

Lynn1130

If we would stop sending most of our diesel to China and parts beyond we might see lower diesel prices too.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Most have already heard of this site and the app.

In case you haven't, most of your fuel price questions can be answered here, GAS_BUDDY. Trace

Last edited:

wdk450

I think wr paid $ 3.43 at Pilot in Yuma,Az yesterday. Better than Calif prices.

I paid $3.43 a gallon in Temecula, CALIFORNIA (USA Station) yesterday. I could have got it for 10 cents less for cash. Gas Finder lists Costco as having diesel (I didn't know they HAD diesel - a lot of lies on Gas Finder) for $3.25 a gallon.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bill,
Yes Costco in Temecula does have diesel. COSTCO_TEMECULA.

I think I paid $3.23 during the Pechanga Rally. Trace

Last edited:

wdk450

MAYBE CALIFORNIA BROKE THE THE $3.00 DIESEL PRICE!!! Gas Buddy has diesel listed at a Chevron station in Palm Springs for $2.95!!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
$3.09 in SWLA at sam's. About 5 cents or so higher other places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dbbls59

I came down I-35 last weekend and the first station I saw when coming into OK was $2.99.9 for diesel. It was a small independent station. It was about $3.06 or so in Oklahoma City. $3.17 here in Rockport, TX.

wdk450

Just a note to all about Gas Buddy posted fuel prices.
Gas Buddy works by having the incentive of a local area $100 prepaid credit card raffle among people who submit fuel price sightings, 1 chance in the raffle for each sighting. Unfortunately, there is no verification process by Gas Buddy. This gives the incentive to people to make up and report false/non-existent fuel prices to get yet another chance in the prize raffle. More than a few times I have seen a low diesel price listed on Gas Buddy for an unfamiliar station in the Sacramento area, only to travel across town, and then learn THE REPORTED STATION DOES NOT EVEN HAVE DIESEL FUEL. I have taken the time to report these false listings to Gas Buddy, who as far as I know, does little about them.

I also had this happen in the Morgan Hill (San Jose) Ca. area.

MCTalley

The variety of prices in a specific area is what drives me nuts. We're back in Nashville and the two nearest stations are $3.01 and $3.04 for diesel. Just up the road, most everyone else including Kroger are running around $3.39 to $3.45.

Plus, the cheap diesel places have expensive gas and vice-versa (the $3.01 diesel place wants $2.47 for gas, the Kroger wants $3.39 for diesel, but only $2.25 for gas).

MCTalley

Just a note to all about Gas Buddy posted fuel prices.
Gas Buddy works by having the incentive of a local area $100 prepaid credit card raffle among people who submit fuel price sightings, 1 chance in the raffle for each sighting. Unfortunately, there is no verification process by Gas Buddy. This gives the incentive to people to make up and report false/non-existent fuel prices to get yet another chance in the prize raffle. More than a few times I have seen a low diesel price listed on Gas Buddy for an unfamiliar station in the Sacramento area, only to travel across town, and then learn THE REPORTED STATION DOES NOT EVEN HAVE DIESEL FUEL. I have taken the time to report these false listings to Gas Buddy, who as far as I know, does little about them.

I also had this happen in the Morgan Hill (San Jose) Ca. area.

Or, some folks don't realize they're reporting for the wrong station. There was a station next door to the office where I worked in Alabama. On a semi-regular basis a particular contributor would post completely different prices for all grades. I would subsequently correct them and make a note of it. I noted other locations where this person would post prices and they were all across town, so I assume she selected the wrong Marathon on a regular basis.

The same station's owner said he would occasionally see outrageously higher prices posted by a particular person that he would have to regularly correct. He kept reporting the poster who eventually quit posting prices, but a new poster would show up later and post high prices again. He assumed it was his competition somewhere.

Just like RV Park Reviews, I'll take all user-contributed information with a grain of salt.

wdk450

I paid $2.69 in Hemet, California yesterday for diesel ($2.59 cash price). I wonder if the drop in the price of diesel will drop consumer general prices any?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
On base in Sierra Vista yesterday, I paid $3.06 with my military star card. Cheapest I have seen in this part of ARIZONA.....