Around Houston and Galveston

meandg

crawgator
What places have you stayed around Houston area, preferably around water, have you stayed and would recommend or recommend against? We have stayed at Wolf Creek on Livingston and Livingston State Park.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are a number of RV Parks in an around Houston. On the North side we have stayed at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe (in the Conroe/Willis area which is right on Lake Conroe; Park On the Lake in Willis on Hwy 830 West of I45-almost all of the sites on on the water; Woodland Lakes in The Woodlands just east of I45 on Hwy 242 has a couple of ponds and is nice; Rayford Crossing off of Rayford Road east of I45 in The Woodlands is nice has a small pond and is rated 10-10-10 by Trailer Life; Houston North KOA just south of Richie Road east of Hardy Street is alright without any ponds or lakes; South Main RV Park on South Main at South Loop 610 is a park without ponds but close to the Medical Center; Lakeview RV Park is beautiful, has a large pond for fishing and is on South Main and Hiram Clark- they have a free shuttle to the Medical Center and many stay there while undergoing medical treatment at the Medical Center. This park is gated with a locking gate and is a safe park; All Star RV Park on US 59 just south of downtown is close to the Medical Center - no ponds; Oasis RV Park at mile marker 10 on I45 south in LaMarque (10 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico) is located behind Ron Hoover RV and offers RV service on Heartland Products at your site. There is a county park behind Oasis where you can fish. There is also The Palms in Dickinson on Dickinson Ave south of Houston. No water but close to shopping. This park is nice but has a lousy reputation. We have stayed there for 2 weeks without any problems. They are under new ownership.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. We work for SE Publications doing RV Park site maps and are familiar with most of the parks in eastern Texas, and have stayed at many of them.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I asked much the same question earlier this year and got some really helpful advice here. Hope it helps you too!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey Gary & Michelle - We've decided on the Oasis Resort & RV Park in La Marque as it's kind of centrally located to where we want to be...we'll be there from November 8 - December 6th. When are you looking at being in that area?

jayc

Legendary Member
Gary and Michelle, we stayed at the Oasis in April just before leaving for our summer trip this year and had a nice time. As Jim said, it is also a Ron Hoover RV dealership and we took advantage to have some work done on the trailer. We have also stayed at the Galveston Bay RV Park of Hwy. 146 at Dickinson Bayou. We plan to stay there again in February and March next year.

Good luck in your choice.

meandg

crawgator
2psnapod1, we only live about 45 minutes from there. We are just not all that familiar with quality of campgrounds around here since we live here but were hoping to find something nice and close to get away sometimes. It is just different than being home where things need to be done. We are not yet fulltiming.

Jayc, where did you stay in Beaumont for the baseball. We were just there and stayed at hidden lakes.

jayc

Legendary Member
Gary and Michelle, we "moochdocked" at a friend's house. There are several nice new parks in the area. The Gulf Coast RV Park is near the baseball complex and right on I-10.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are several RV Parks in the Beaumont area. Gulf Coast RV Resort is at Ford Park right on I10 next to the baseball complex. It is a very nice park but sometimes crowded due to events at Ford Park. Hidden Lakes RV Park is right off of I10 just down the road from Gulf Coast on Major Drive. It is a nice park too although not a nice as Gulf Coast IMHO. 12 miles away from Gulf Coast is Port Arthur RV Resort. It is nice right on Hwy 365 about 1 mile west of Spur 93 (West Port Arthur Road). PARV Resort has all concrete pads and roads but no swimming pool, gym, or meeting room. But it is handy to all of the 'Golden Triangle' events and activities. Hope this helps.