ATF: Big Country - front cap insulation any?

phelpo

My 2014 Big Country 3596 is parked and the front bedroom sure
does get hot. I there any insulation behind the walls? And
how can I add more to reflect the heat?

Thanks
Phelpo

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I dont know how much if any insulation is in the cap. They only way besides removing the cap, is to remove the wood paneling in the closet.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
During a factory tour, I saw insulation in the front wall and seems like there was a reflecting layer on top of that. I don't remember if there was insulation on the inside of the cap.

pegmikef

My bedroom always gets hotter than the rest of the coach because it is higher and all the heat rises up to it. We always keep the closet doors closed figuring that the closet itself serves to better insulate the bedroom. I have a multispeed, reversible vortex fan in the bathroom and a fantastic fan in the kitchen and both are effective at removing a lot of the hot air (up to a point).

sengli

Again with the tours we have been on, the BC, BH all get some batting type insulation under both the front and rear caps. If you get the yeti package, you get an additional layer of the the foil type insulation as well under the caps.

sengli

I too installed a vortex multi speed fan in the bathroom. It took like 20 minutes to install. Was very easy to do. Costs like $100 thru most places, I got mine thru amazon. The 12V wiring is already there.