ATF: Bighorn - Batteries not getting charged

Jimnkarens

It seems that my batteries are not getting charged. They stay at 11.7 volts even when I am plugged into shore power for days. Also my Levelup jacks and slides stop and start intermitently. Is the problem with the converter/charger? Is there a way to test it and confirm the problem before I replace it? Are my batteries ruined now?

JanAndBill

It seems that my batteries are not getting charged. They stay at 11.7 volts even when I am plugged into shore power for days. Also my Levelup jacks and slides stop and start intermitently. Is the problem with the converter/charger? Is there a way to test it and confirm the problem before I replace it? Are my batteries ruined now?

By "batteries" I'm assuming you have more then one. A battery with a bad cell can cause this also. Have you had the batteries checked?

carl.swoyer

Their is a breaker . find your main buss ,probably near your battery disconnect. It will have I think four red rubber protectors. On my rig their is an in line fuse that looks like a pencil lead. Push it back in and you should start charging

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Because your battery is low you blew the in line fuse. Pushing it back in will allow charging

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jimnkarens

I found the breaker with the reset button. But it will not reset. When I push the button in, it just springs back out. I guess it should be replaced but I can find only the breakers that auto reset. Do you think it would be ok to replace the manual reset breaker with the auto reset version?

danemayer

I found the breaker with the reset button. But it will not reset. When I push the button in, it just springs back out. I guess it should be replaced but I can find only the breakers that auto reset. Do you think it would be ok to replace the manual reset breaker with the auto reset version?

Before replacing the breaker, re-check the battery voltage. If it's now 13.5V, power's getting through.

If the battery isn't reading 13.5V, check the voltage at each side of the breaker, to ground. If one side is 13.5V and the other is 11.7, the Power Converter is working, but the breaker is open. If both sides read 11.7, the Power Converter isn't working. Check the circuit breaker for the Power Converter. Then make sure it's plugged in. Then check the on-board fuses.

Jimnkarens

The voltage on both sides of the breaker was 13.4 and the battery read 13.4 so I shut down the battery cutouts, turned them back on, shut off the 50 amp breaker at the pedestal and back on. Now the charger is working. I dont know why, though. Im looking for a loose connection. Dont know what else it might be. Any ideas? Thanks for all the help.