ATF: Bighorn - Bedroom Slide

mgarvin4

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3585RL. My question involves the bedroom slide which is an Accuslide system. When the slide is extended out it appears the entire slide moves slightly forward and causes the outside seal flap to not lay against the slide. I have taken the unit to an authorized Heartland dealer. They at first thought there should be guides on the slide keeping it centered that were left off at the factory but in looking at some new units at the dealership found that none of them have guides either. They said they contacted Heartland and made an adjustment that corrected the problem but after about 5 operations of the slide is back to the way it was. I am not close to a dealer and cannot keep taking time off work to transport. Have you had this issue and what is the remedy?

Thank you

jimtoo

Hi mgarvin4,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully we will soon get some other members that may have an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Mgarvin4 and welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.
I am not from the factory, but you might get some help from forum members having the same floor plan as you.
It sounds like you are saying that the slide is not center on the opening when you extend it. Is that correct? And that the seals are not making the same contact on both sides of the slide.
I just looked at mine and if the slide was too far to one side it would hit the frame, but the seal would still make contact with the slide.
Does your seal make contact with the side of the slide? And the slide is just not centered in the opening?
Mine is not centered in the opening, but the seals all make contact which is the most important thing.
I don't see any slide ever having a guide. My thoughts are that if you capture the slide in a guide something will wind up breaking as we are bouncing our trailers down the road. They need to be free floating.

Peace
Dave

mgarvin4

That is correct, the slide is not centered after it is extended. I have about 3/8" on one side and about 3/4" on the other. The outer seal doesn't quite touch on the one side of the slide but has full contact on the side towards the front of the camper. The dealer that made the adjustment on the Accuslide said to make sure the camper is leveled before I put the slide out which I always do.

aatauses

I would consider calling HL customer service and see what they say. Ask to talk to one of the tech and they should be able to give you some direction. Sometimes??? a dealer may tell you they called HL, when they actually did not.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

ParkIt

That is correct, the slide is not centered after it is extended. I have about 3/8" on one side and about 3/4" on the other. The outer seal doesn't quite touch on the one side of the slide but has full contact on the side towards the front of the camper. The dealer that made the adjustment on the Accuslide said to make sure the camper is leveled before I put the slide out which I always do.
It sounds like the dealership didn't properly adjust the slide. You can see how they are adjusted by clicking http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=/Slide_Outs/Rooms/Lippert, from that you can look to see if it needs further adjustment or if that slide was a little off kilter when it was built, it happens so rarely it may be confusing for both the service company and Heart Land. You might want to get exact measurements of the slide, if they are off a bit call Heart Land for a replacement slide if that is the case.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have the same year and model of Bighorn and our bedroom slide does not do that. I would contact Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) and see if they can direct you to a repair facility other than the one that appears to have incorrectly repaired it. Also, another thought is to insure that something did not get stuck behind your bed between it and the wall that is shifting the slide. You have to close the slide and then get on the front closet side, open the closet door to give yourself room and then you can look under the gap in front of the bed to insure that something did not get down behind the slide that is shifting it. Just a thought.

Rod Ditrich

desertden

mgarvin4,

You could also try posting your question in the "Ask The Factory" Forum so someone from Heartland sees it and responds. They are pretty good about that.

Good Luck!