ATF: Bighorn - Big Horn 3070

danemayer

Hi LyleJones,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum.

I don't think any of us can know the exact reason a particular model gets discontinued. I think as a general rule, Heartland keeps the best selling floorplans going and retires the ones that aren't selling as well, replacing them with something they think may do better.

Westwind

We also have a 3070RL and we have spent 3 winters in Florida with it and have been extremely comfortable in it. I was surprised to hear that the floor plan had been eliminate from the lineup. Sometimes it will be because another line (Big Country) has a floor plan that is very similar or even alike. Were I in a position to buy another FW I might go larger but not because I don't like our 3070. I was so nervous about towing a FW I wanted to keep it as short as possible.

jbeletti

...I don't think any of us can know the exact reason a particular model gets discontinued. I think as a general rule, Heartland keeps the best selling floorplans going and retires the ones that aren't selling as well, replacing them with something they think may do better.

Dan called this one. When sales of a particular floor plan fall below a certain level, it tells us that current RV shoppers, have for the most part, lost interest in it. At that point, a business decision must be made. Keep the floor plan around or swap it for what people want today? Typically, we make the decision to retire the floor plan, drive people to dealer stock of that floor plan while inventory exists and begin building what we understand retail consumers want today.