ATF: Bighorn - Ceiling Fan

Whirly

My 2012 Bighorn 3670RL ceiling fan runs smoothly for awhile then starts vibrating severely for sometimes 15 to 20 minutes then smooths out again for awhile. I have tried holding the fixture to try to get rid of the vibration, but it does not help. I can't see any particular pattern for when or why it starts or stops vibrating. What could be causing this? How can I correct it?
thanks,
Whirly

Westwind

My 2012 Bighorn 3670RL ceiling fan runs smoothly for awhile then starts vibrating severely for sometimes 15 to 20 minutes then smooths out again for awhile. I have tried holding the fixture to try to get rid of the vibration, but it does not help. I can't see any particular pattern for when or why it starts or stops vibrating. What could be causing this? How can I correct it?
thanks,
Whirly
You have me on this one - we have 5 ceiling fans in the house and one in the Bighorn 3070 and I've never had intermittent vibration, I was going to suggest blades that need balancing, ( you can buy a kit) but then thinking about it the vibration would be continuous but I could be wrong. I would check where it's fastened to the ceiling and then all the blade screws and last of all balance the blades. I'd also stop in at a store that has ceiling fans and describe what's wrong maybe they heard of it.

MTPockets

We had that problem with ours for a while when new. We run our fan just about all the time when we are inside, and after a couple weeks and a lot of run time it started running smoothly and has ever since - it's been almost a year. My belief is that it is a balance situation and that ours self corrected with a lot of run time, centrifugal force evening out the bades and mounts. (My theory, but it's what happened)