ATF: Bighorn - Fender Support

gmccullah

Whenever I am towing my 2015 3010RE Big Horn,on a windy day,the right fender support, breaks the screw going into the frame. Is there a fix for this? The molded piece that skirts the fender looks a little different than the left side.

jimtoo

Hi gmccullah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Not sure if this would help on yours, but some folks have added a small brace to the center part of the skirt if that is where yours is breaking. Maybe some of our other members with the same unit will jump in soon with better info.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jam1on1

just noticed my black wheel skirt with a philips head screw the plastic is all breaking out and we have only had trailer out 4 times since 5-2014 when we got it

yport

If it's like mine, I had the first 2 screws (from the right) break out and the fender skirt was flapping out in the wind while driving. Had the factory replace when there, and not too long after the first screw was coming out again putting strain on the second screw while on the road. In my case, I took a small zip tie, inserting thru the screw hole and zipping tight. A little matching touch up paint on the tie and it's not noticeable ... and not coming out again either !!

MTPockets

I reinforced mine using SS bolts and SS washers. That screw into the plastic just wasn't adequate.