ATF: Bighorn - Inverter out

akflyman

I am on the road and my inverter went out. I have to change it my self. All dealers are months out. This is an emergency. We're is this inverter on the 3270 rs.

Emergency I am on the road,,,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your inverter should be located behind the wall in the basement.
You may have just tripped the GFI on the inverter or tripped an overload switch. You will still have to locate it.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi akflyman,

Are you talking about the inverter (12V DC ---> 120V AC) that powers the residential refrigerator while towing? If so, it supplies power through a GFCI outlet. If it tripped, you can reset it by first turning the inverter ON, and then pressing the reset button. The on/off switch and GFCI buttons are on the bottom and the inverter is in the front compartment.

If you're talking about the Power Converter (120V AC ---> 12V DC) that keeps the battery charged and helps power the lights when on shore power, it's usually behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. Its plug could have vibrated out of the outlet, in which case you should tie it down after replugging. It also has 3 on-board fuses that can be blown by connecting your battery with reverse polarity for even a split second.

Relayman

I am on the road and my inverter went out. I have to change it my self. All dealers are months out. This is an emergency. We're is this inverter on the 3270 rs.

That happened to me not a month after I bought my 2017 3270 RS. I wonder if they are too small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relayman

Like Dan ask are you talking about the Inverter or the convertor ???
What's not working ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It was the inverter. Dealer replaced it. on this same note, there is a thermal overload in the front cargo space behind the battery on the back wall, the reset
button is on the side of it , kinda hidden by the wires. if this o/l trips, it will kill the dc to the inverter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Are you talking about your Convertor or your Invertor ?
What is not working ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

As far as I know, your inverter only supplies the residential refrigerator, so it sounds like ice chests until you get a replacement. We had a 3270RS and never had an issue with ours.