ATF: Bighorn - Level-up system

EOneal59

Would like to know if there is a lay out drawing on the hydraulic lines for the jacks on my 2015 BH 3570RS. One line has a slow leak on the center jack under the kitchen. would like to know where the line runs so I can replace it

jimtoo

Hi EOneal59,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There probably is not a diagram of how or where the lines are run. You could just take a good nylon string or small rope and tie on the end or make an adapter to screw in the end of the line and pull it out. Then you could repair line or have new one made and pull it back through.

I'm sure some of the others will have an opinion also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

donr827

On my previous trailer I had a leak on a hose that led to the pump. I thought that the fitting would have to be replaced or that there might be a small leak in the hose itself. It turned out that the 1/8 of a turn on the fitting stopped the leaked. Cleaned up the hose with brake clean.
Don

EOneal59

I have no trouble with tying a string to one end. My problem is finding where the other end is connected with out having to pull the under belly of the camper

danemayer

Would like to know if there is a lay out drawing on the hydraulic lines for the jacks on my 2015 BH 3570RS. One line has a slow leak on the center jack under the kitchen. would like to know where the line runs so I can replace it
Let's assume your pump is on the off-door side. To get a hose to the door side, the hose has to cross the underbelly either in front of the gray #1 and black holding tanks, or to the rear of the tanks.

On our LM, I'm pretty sure the hose to the door side rear (4 point) jack crosses to that side under the front bedroom and then runs down the frame. You could remove a few of the screws holding the front drop-frame section of the coroplast to see if that's the case on your Bighorn. If so, you could just let one side of the front section of coroplast hang down to work on the hose.

Btw, an impact wrench is pretty essential for removing the screws holding the coroplast. You can do it with a ratchet, but it's much harder and you may end up wrenching the head of one or more screws.

EOneal59

You are right I was able to pull the door side under belly but was not able to find the other end of the line. The line that has the slow leak is off the back of the jack under the kitchen slide (orange line) looks to be running to the rear from the jack. This side will be harder to look at due the the gas supply line will have to be lowered to get to the screws to the under belly. The line leaks behind the swivel connection. I tried tightening the line with no luck. Before I pull to much apart I'm going to pull the line loose to make sure it's clean and reconnect. Had no problem with the line till the jack had to be replaced due to a bad seal 1 month after purchase of the trailer

emm4273610re

Not trying to steel the thread here but the title got my attention. My question is can the parts be bought and installed after. I would love to add the 4 extra legs to my Bighorn 3610 to make it 6 point leveling. Thanks

Pizzadigger

I haven't had to work on our Level Up system yet. Some hydraulic fittings have O-rings in them and maybe thats all you need is a replacement o-ring. some fittings dont have o-rings .

danemayer

Not trying to steel the thread here but the title got my attention. My question is can the parts be bought and installed after. I would love to add the 4 extra legs to my Bighorn 3610 to make it 6 point leveling. Thanks
I doubt they sell a conversion kit, so you'd probably have to buy the parts individually from the Lippert parts store. You can browse the Lippert Parts Store. I'd guess the parts cost more than going to Lippert to have them install the system.

jnbhobe

That line probably runs from the center jack to the rear jack since the center and rear are hooked together.