ATF: Bighorn - Norcold double fridge

We have a 2016 3570rs Bighorn. In the back of fridge there's a aluminum fin that drips water into try. All around this aluminum fin there's a 1/4 inch space from the plastic back you can see the insulation, is this normal? When we picked the trailer up I noticed the moisture from the aluminum fin wasn't dripping into the tray, had to make a plastic guide strip so the moisture would drip into tray.

jimtoo

Hi Alvin.Martens,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would not think you should see the insulation behind the fins. Are the fins solid mounted or are they loose? And it is normal for the water to drip, but it should go into the tray and drain outside. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Westwind

I would contact Norcold on this issue, sometimes when you go directly to the manufacturer of the appliance you make out better, have model #/ Serial# of the refrigerator and also the RV and explain the issue to them.

I would contact Norcold on this issue, sometimes when you go directly to the manufacturer of the appliance you make out better, have model #/ Serial# of the refrigerator and also the RV and explain the issue to them.

I called Norcold and there is a fix and it's a kit the same as I did to direct the water to tray