ATF: Bighorn - Outside Speaker Use

I have recently purchased a Bighorn 3010 RE and would like to know if there is a way to play the music from DIRECTV over the outside speakers. On my last 5th. wheel I was able to plug a MP3 cable into the stereo and the television and could play music on the outside speakers from my satellite. I have not been able to duplicate this with the Bighorn. It appears I can only use the radio in the storage area with the outside speakers. Any suggestions?

danemayer

Hi floridanative,

I've run a digital optical cable out of the Directv H24-500 DVR box into my Panasonic Surround Sound. It all depends on what outputs your receiver has and what inputs your surround sound has.

We do have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that might help you figure out what you need to make the connection.

pegmikef

It appears I can only use the radio in the storage area with the outside speakers. Any suggestions?

If you have the Dual in the storage area like I do, then there is an auxillary input in the lower right corner. I don't what all it excepts, but I know my grandson uses it for his ipod and mp3 player. The link below is for the installation/instruction manual for the unit.In any event, as Dan said, you will have to run a cable.

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Electronics/AM FM CD/DUAL/Dual XD1228 Receiver.pdf