ATF: Bighorn - Sagging front overhang fiberglass

lbarton

The underside of the front overhang (the area behind and outboard of the king pin) is sagging and pulling away from the trim. This is the area under where the washer/dryer would be, except we have never had them-only used this area for storage. Floor of the closet is sound so the problem is not coming from there. How can this be remedied?

Roller4tan

Even tho you don't have a washer in the closet, the water lines still terminate there. Check the lines for leaks. You may have to look from your basement storage under the area. If no leaks are found there check your clearance lights on the front cap. The gaskets on mine were loose, so I added caulking. Otherwise you can use screws with larger heads to screw thru into the supporting structure, My last SOB I had to do that.

wrehfield

I can't believe it, I have the same fifth wheel, purchased about a month ago and it had the same problem. It did have a washer and dryer, which we had removed. I had the dealer replace the fiberglass and he said he looked inside and no water damage. There was none where the washer and dryer were.