ATF: Bighorn - slide in

les_wood

We purchase a Bighorn 3750FL yesterday (9/9/2016), and the slide (if you are inside facing forward) left hand side when extended and retracted does not come in evenly. the front of the slide starts to move then the back will move. All my other slides come in evenly no (lack of a better term) jockeying for position. I can provide video if you wish of the process.

Thanks in advance

Les Wood
New Proud Owner.

jimtoo

Hi Les,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you did your PDI was it working correctly or did you not check slide operation? Have your dealer check it out and let us know what happens.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Les.....

Had the same thing happen on mine. Had the dealer make a few adjustments and it works fine now. When we did the PDI everything was fine, so don't know want made it do that.

p.s. Welcome to the Heartland family. Happy camping and look into joining the Heartland Owners Club. We have loads of fun at all the rallies.

les_wood

No, it did during the PDI, but the dealer told me it was normal. Can't always trust them salespeople :). I am was reaching out to get a second option.

jbeletti

Hi Les and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Way back, in another career, I knew a man named Les Wood (in Illinois).

I'm wondering if your slide issue is one of synchronization? Check out this document from Lippert. Look at the Room Synchronization section and see if that is of any help.

By the way, we're having a Heartland Owners Club rally in Jackson, CA in mid-October and another rally in Temecula at the end of October. Rallies are a LOT of fun, a great way to meet other RVers, especially those who own the same brand and a great way to get more out of your RV lifestyle. Does that sound corny? Hit me back after your first rally - you'll love it!

SLO

Hi Les, slides should come evenly front to back. Left and right sides may not come in or out evenly though. I'm about 30 miles up the road from you. If you bought local we got ours from the same dealer. Congrats on your new toy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does it extend and retract fully or is there a gap at either position? That would be a bigger problem. But it does sound like a jam nut may have shifted some.