ATF: Bighorn - Slide out

gameger

The kitchen slide out rubs on the Vinyl floor. Roller leaving a indentation. Factory says slide out is to heavy and no adjustment?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gameger it would help on getting information of we knew what model and floor plan you have.
Someone with the same floor plan may have some useful tips for you.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

The kitchen slide out rubs on the Vinyl floor. Roller leaving a indentation. Factory says slide out is to heavy and no adjustment?

Hi gameger,

"Slide out is too heavy" seems like an odd answer. Were you talking to Heartland directly, or did someone else tell you the factory said this?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would be very surprised if the factory said their slide design was too heavy. We have the entertainment center, oven, range, microwave, several cabinets, and a four door refrigerator in one of our slides and haven't had any indentation problems. I suspect a roller is not working properly. I would look for a different repair facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

I would be very surprised if the factory said their slide design was too heavy. We have the entertainment center, oven, range, microwave, several cabinets, and a four door refrigerator in one of our slides and haven't had any indentation problems. I suspect a roller is not working properly. I would look for a different repair facility.

I second that !! I have had a roller go bad 2 times that was replaced, maybe just my luck and had 2 defective rollers. I do keep a thin piece of wood under the roller when retracting just in case.

aatauses

Sorry to hear you are having problems. We have a BH 3670 and all of our slides (except the bedroom) can be adjusted. There is a lippert manual that will walk you through the process--quite simple---just remember a small adjustment is all that is needed, do not overadjust.
al

Crudgy

We have a 3855 and the floor is marked and has a bubble from the roller on the kitchen slide. The dealer says there in nothing that will fix it. Any ideas

danemayer

We have a 3855 and the floor is marked and has a bubble from the roller on the kitchen slide. The dealer says there in nothing that will fix it. Any ideas
Hi Crudgy,
Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you're having problems, but maybe a 2nd opinion from a different servicer would help.

sengli

Our new 3260 has a short kitchen slide (pasenger side) with fridge in it, and I just noticed it leaves roller indentations in the kitchen floor when the slide is in, for any period of time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The kitchen slide on our 3670 also leaves a small indentation in the vinyl in front of the sink. A small carpet hides it well. The one at the other end of the slide, in front of the fridge, is barely noticeable unless you look for it. As Bobby mentioned, the simple solution is to put something wide under the rollers when retracting to spread the load.

wino2

We have two 6 inch indentations next to the island in our 2012 Rushmore. Our dealer said he could adjust the slide outs but then your graphics wouldn't line up. So guess we live with it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Adjusting the slide angle a slight amount should not affect the graphics enough to make it noticeable.

jnbhobe

Adjusting the slide angle a slight amount should not affect the graphics enough to make it noticeable.

I agree with Gus slide adjustments are not hard to do and will not move the graphics much.

stevebotts

Our 3685 leaves an indentation also. Usually goes away after the slide it out a while. HOWEVER, we do see some scuffing on the floor. I was wondering about putting a rug there to let the slide roll up on it but not sure. Anyone try that?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We purchase slider strips that go under rollers and that works nicely for us
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gary521

In the February 2013 issue of Trailer Life magazine, there is a discussion of this issue in the "10 Minute tech" section. These folks made devices to go under the slide rollers to keep the slide from scratching the floor. You can also see these devices on the internet by Googeling: Slideout Slickers. The article in the magazine was about homemade versions of these devices.