ATF: Bighorn - Stress Cracks

Bayouslug

Anybody else having this problem on their units ? Our 2011 Big Horn rear corners are showing these signs...we keep her park under cover, however first yr we had her she stayed at the dealer for repairs alot!!! Very unhappy about this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 288

MTPockets

We're starting to get a couple in the same spot. It's likely the surface gel coat. Not structural. Not much can be done except grind it out and reapply the gel coat. Matching exact white is near impossible.

John T Bettencourt

I also had that on the rear cap of my Landmark. I had some storm damage this past spring and the RV repair shop took the cracks out while it was in the shop.

Lance & Jo

We have had similar cracks but below the window for about 3 years now and as said earlier they seem to be glecoat realted and not structural in nature. Repair is fairly straight forward as long as the rest of the cap is in good shape and can be accomplished at any good boatyard or car repair shop familiar with fiberglass. The bad news is repairing the gelcoat does not guarantee the problem will not happen again. I think our problem may be caused by flexing while underway on some of the really great roads we travel and since it appears cosmetic have decided to live with it at least till we slow down a bit. I do check it every time I wash the trailer so if things change I may have to change my approach.

HappyKayakers

I had some spider web cracks in the rear cap of my BH. Fortunately, I spotted them while it was still under warranty. Had a fiberglass shop in Amarillo make the repairs and they haven't returned.