ATF: Bighorn - tank flushing

I have a 2014 BH 3875 and can only find a tank flush for one of the two black water tanks. Is the flush for the front tank hidden somewhere or is this an oversight by Heartland?

jimtoo

Hi 3875,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed as you have seen if you have been looking around since you joined.

In looking at specs they only list black tank capacity at 45 gal. I would assume that is just one tank. Do you have two drain valves? If we don't get an answer from another owner soon I would suggest you call Heartland direct.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard of one other 3875 FB that did not have a flusher for the second black tank.
The owner told me that he contacted Heartland but I don't remember the rest of the story.
If I were in your shoes I would contact Heartland to check if there might have been an oversight when installing the tank and ommiting the flusher.
It may be that they don't install a flusher in the second tank.

Peace
Dave

brianharrison

That is a pretty cool floorplan - having the front bath. I bet it added some challenges for running plumbing from in front of the drop - I can see why they would possibly need two black tanks. I am going to have to go see if I can view one in person....

Also from the floorplan layout, it certainly looks like a long distance from where the wheels might be located to where the pin would be located. Website Specs shows 3000 pin weight and G tires.

I would be curious what pin weight will be when you are fully loaded, especially if you have the washer/dryer option installed.

Brian

PS - Welcome to the Heartland group, I am down in Calgary, but have to travel lots to Fort Mac.