ATF: Bighorn - Tire spacing

Grizpaul

When placing the wheel chicks on our 2016 bighorn 3010re, I noticed the distance between the left side wheels is 0.9" greater than the distance between the right side tires. We have towed this unit approx. 1,800 miles. Is this gap difference normal or is there an issue I need to have fixed? The axles are dexter Nev R Adjust. Thanks in advance for replies.

danemayer

Did you back into the space making a sharp turn? Maybe if you pull straight ahead and back up they'll get back to a normal position.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have TowMax tires? It's possible belts in the tire have broke and the tire expanded in shape. Look carefully at the tread, and as it wraps around to the sidewalls. Feel the tires and compare them to the other side. Slight bulging can sometimes be felt before its seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

More than likely an alignment problem and the tracking is off. A good heavy duty truck trailer shop can fix you right up. Don't waste your time or money at an RV dealer they aren't equipped to do the complete job. If you have a Correct Track they can check it and adjust it but it will probably cost more than a complete job from an alignment shop. If anything is off the Rv dealer will sell you a new axle which may or may not take care of the problem...Don