ATF: Bighorn - Water hot heater failed

ddlindy

In July while in upstate NY the hot water heater failed, An electrical wire connection behind the circuit breaker panel to the hot water heater came loose. A local repair service repaired it and the Heartland warranty reimbursed me for the repair. Now on my back to FL it has failed again. As soon as I get to Lake Junaluska, NC I'll have a repair service look at it again. However, before I get there, how do I light the gas for the hot water? I followed the instructions, but it does not light.

jbeletti

So long as your propane tanks are on, all you should need to do it turn on the Water Heater switch that is on your monitor panel. The water heater should light automatically. If yours is not, please let us know what it is doing when you switch this switch. Can you hear it clicking, trying to light?

hoefler

It may take several attempts to light. If there is air in the line, it will take several attempts. If you have not done so yet, light a burner on the stove. When the flame is steady and continuous, the air in the line to that point will be gone. It still will take several attempts to light the water heater, but should take less time.

ddlindy

The problem was a wire disconnected behind the water heater. We are now in NC and it happened again. Using gas for now until we get home in Florida.