Tankless water heater?

GravityTH

Hi all - before delivery (3 months ago) I had the dealer install a tankless (giraard was what they recommended) and it’s been problems from day one. Before I rip it out and put a truma in wondering if anyone has had the same problem.

While taking a shower (hot and cold water mix) it suddenly goes super cold and then burning hot. Nobody uses any water while someone is on the shower.

Have used the new TH about 10 times now at different Rv camps/resorts site. Same problem. What gives?

Also, when I turn on any faucet (always at a full hook up site) it sounds like my pump is on. The pump in actuality has always been off (red light is off) is that normal?

Additional info: new water hose. New pressure regulator. Water heater is gvwh 2.

Appreciate any info. It’s driving me bonkers!

Dahillbilly

when showering if we turn the water off & back on to save water we get that cold/HOT. Learned to leave the water flowing just a bit using the valve on the shower head. No more cold/hot issues, the water temp stays even. Note we don't have a tankless heater !!!

GravityTH

when showering if we turn the water off & back on to save water we get that cold/HOT. Learned to leave the water flowing just a bit using the valve on the shower head. No more cold/hot issues, the water temp stays even. Note we don't have a tankless heater !!!
We leave the water on when showering. Full hook up spots. Haven’t done dry camping yet to have to preserve water.

david-steph2018

We leave the water on when showering. Full hook up spots. Haven’t done dry camping yet to have to preserve water.
As a guess, check the outside shower and make sure the valves are off. Not the push button, but the valves. With the outside valves on, it allows the water to mix. So, just to a quick check on the valves.

wdk450

Have you talked to the water heater technical support staff?

I found this manual online. It seems pretty comprehensive, and has possible causes for your problem on page 29. I noted that purging any residual air pockets from the system is important. I couldn't find a direct link to the Girard company, although one of the first hit links was to Lippert, who may have bought them out, as they have done to many small RV equipment subvendors.

There is contact info for Girard on the last pages of the service manual.

GravityTH

Have you talked to the water heater technical support staff?

I found this manual online. It seems pretty comprehensive, and has possible causes for your problem on page 29. I noted that purging any residual air pockets from the system is important. I couldn't find a direct link to the Girard company, although one of the first hit links was to Lippert, who may have bought them out, as they have done to many small RV equipment subvendors.

There is contact info for Girard on the last pages of the service manual.
I have emailed them several times with no reply. Just have to figure it out I guess

GravityTH

As a guess, check the outside shower and make sure the valves are off. Not the push button, but the valves. With the outside valves on, it allows the water to mix. So, just to a quick check on the valves.

I don’t have an outside shower. But will open and close the drain valves again. Thanks