ATF: Cyclone - 4100 King waste valves

My waste valves are not marked. There are 3 valves at the front of the coach and 1 at the rear. Can you tell me what valves dump what? From front to back? Also, I know the rear valve is for the garage 1/2 bath. Does that dump the toilet and the sink? Or does the sink go to the kitchen gray tank. Thanks.

Mizmary

We have the same.

From front to back they empty FRONT grey, front black, kitchen grey.

We tested by running water from bathtub with all closed (and all empty) and opened all the valves one at a time until we had it figured out.

The back valve should be the rear 1/2 bath- sink and toilet. I just tested it today (ran the sink with Greys open) with no sound of water running through the hoses. Does that mean I'm right? No. It just means I couldn't hear it. But I think the sink in the bath goes into the black tank.

scottyb

Mine are F-B, Black, F gray, R gray. The one at the rear dumps the rear tank which is black and gray. I would suggest a clear plastic elbow, to connect your hose. That way you can see when your tank is clean after flushing it.

oscar

Mine are like Mizmary's...... Some "testing" with a 5G bucket and then duct tape and a black magic marker and now I know what is what on scene. This basic, simple, common sense, "HELLO" item has been pointed out to HL..... so far it hasn't made it through the corporate red tape. <scratching head and wondering.....>

DocFather

Shouldn't all the 4100's be the same? I just got mine 3 weeks ago and I had the same questions as Ranch Dweller. I have called HL for 4 other questions I had and was really NOT impressed by the help, or lack of, that I encountered. I guess I will go with the majority on this one. Thanks

DocFather

Mine are F-B, Black, F gray, R gray. The one at the rear dumps the rear tank which is black and gray. I would suggest a clear plastic elbow, to connect your hose. That way you can see when your tank is clean after flushing it.

Interesting: Mine (2014 4100) from front to back is Grey bathroom: Black bathroom and Grey Kitchen then of course the rear 1/2 bath is behind the wheels (Grey/Black combined

scottyb

It is odd that they would be different. Mine came labeled from the factory, and I have a clear elbow connection so you can see what is passing through. No question as to the order of my valves.
IMAG0389.jpg

oscar

It is odd that they would be different. Mine came labeled from the factory, and I have a clear elbow connection so you can see what is passing through. No question as to the order of my valves.
View attachment 26883

They are labeled vertically, the valves are oriented horizontally, and they are not in the same order. I have the same sticker and my valves (again) are (from front to back) Grey-Black-Grey. Tell me how that corresponds with the label. If you are just plugged into a hole in the ground you may THINK you know what's what....... In my case it matters, because in several of the locations I camp black and grey are processed differently.

pcardoza

This really is ridiculous! We took delivery on our 4100 King on Thursday and I've been wondering the same thing. How can such a simple issue be so complicated by lack of proper labeling from the factory???

scottyb

This really is ridiculous! We took delivery on our 4100 King on Thursday and I've been wondering the same thing. How can such a simple issue be so complicated by lack of proper labeling from the factory???

Based on these post there is some inconsistency in the order, but it's really not that complicated. Get a clear elbow, pull a lever, and see what comes out. The bath gray is the least offensive.

DocFather

We are making a complex issue out of a simple one. OK: Get a White Sharpie. Drain all 3 front tanks. Then close all 3 valves. Now 1) run the bathroom sink and shower/tub water for 5 minutes. Then open each valve until you hear the water draining through the hose to the hole in the ground (on mine it will be the front valve). Label the valve ("Grey bathroom" which is Bathtub, bathroom sink and washer if it is in the bedroom closet). Close the valve when no more draining water noise is heard. 2) Run the kitchen sink and do the same with the other 2 valves. 3) That will leave one tank not tested which should be the black front toilet tank. Test it if you wish by running hose water down the toilet for 5 minutes. Who needs a clear elbow? I already know what my body waste looked liked before I stepped on the flusher.

scottyb

I already know what my body waste looked liked before I stepped on the flusher.
:confused:

I don't think anyone likes to look at it but the clear elbow lets you see the flow rate and how clean you are getting the tank while flushing it.