ATF: Cyclone - 4150 Black Tank 2 Flush

Randor

Does the 4150 have a black tank flush hook up for the #2 black tank? Front #1 works great but don't see a connection for the rear tank.

Power-Stroke

Randor-
Assuming the 4150 is the same configuration as the 4100/4200........ Nope, your 4150 does not have a black tank flush for the second black tank. This would be a great addition! I fill the rear toilet by hose until the gauge says full and then I dump #2 (no pun intended).
Hope this helps.
Jay

OEFVET

Question: what is the benefit of using a hose to fill instead of just holding the foot flush down?

Power-Stroke

That's actually a good question. :confused: I assumed it would take longer to fill by just holding to foot flush down. It takes about 5 minutes with a hose.

BLHFUN

Depends. Take this weekend. We stayed at Stockton State Park . This park doesn't have sewer in the sites and I didn't want to carry water home. When I pulled up to the dump station, I didn't have water on board. Hose was the logical and only way to flush the back tank. Plus I like the force of the hose water versus the tank pump.

I've actually done it both ways and it really depends on the amount of use and/or water availability.

ndmac

Just stick that thing down the toilet opening and let it run until you get clear water coming out of the dump hose. Use a clear dump hose adapter.

Just as stated. I really liked it because I could tell it has lots of power. Jet like nozzles that spin fast.
Turned it on in a bucket of reasonably dried mud and moving it up and down cleaned bucket fairly good.

I could tell it was working, by the chunks coming out during first flush before clear water draining

Randor

Randor-
Assuming the 4150 is the same configuration as the 4100/4200........ Nope, your 4150 does not have a black tank flush for the second black tank. This would be a great addition! I fill the rear toilet by hose until the gauge says full and then I dump #2 (no pun intended).
Hope this helps.
Jay

Thanks - that's what I figured, and that's what I have been doing. HOWEVER, I noticed that while running the front tank flush, it was intermittently flushing TP and stuff out even after it was running clear water (I have the clear hose connection so I can observe). I let it run for probably 20 minutes before stuff stopped coming through. May have to try that hose adapter posted above for the back toilet.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
I have a shut off valve at the hose end connected to the black tank flush; what seems to work for me is, after the initial drain, shut off the water, then open it again quickly. There seems to be a 'blast' factor that helps to clean the tank. Sometimes it takes 2 or more tries to get consistent clear water.