ATF: Cyclone - Cy 2013 3010 Exterior max height

The Specs say the hieght is 13'2". Does that include the roof A/C. What is the height of the A/C... on top off the roof(the factory 15 BTU), having a low profile 11K BTU bedroom unit added(only 11k, because the 5.5 gen can more easly handle it as it draws 35% less AMPs..

The reason I want to know is that I'm adding a SAT dish... A Wineguard Mini Max, the lowest profile is 12" high($1,069) and the $300 cheaper model is 15" tall($700.00)... $400 to save 2-3 inches seeems extreme.. however cheaper than hitting an over pass ( sometimes cheaper means more expensive inthe end)... I know interstate is 16FT clearance.

What is the lowest point of the roof that a SAT DOMe could be mounted on which of course would be desirable to keep height at a min...... Trying not to increase the height of the vehicle clearance wise...

Planning to go to Cabo , Baha , Mexico in 2013...

Regards

CORRECTIONS: My 2013 CY 3010 Height is 12'10". The tallest Dish is 15.6"....The lowest profile DISH is almost 13"... Both have 20" diameter.

Regards

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
They maybe 15.6 high...but that is not with them down if its a dish-dish. If it a "dome" type it should be OK. Most dishes or domes go towards the front of the roof where it tapers down. Same as a front A/C unit. BTW, your coach should be pre-wired for a dish/dome and its in the BR ceiling.

Have you thought about a Winguard carry out Dome?? The issue with one mounted to the roof is.....if you are in heavy tree cover you just might not get a signal. With the carry out, you can put where you want it. The even have a ladder mount option. We went with that and love it. You can have Dish or Directv.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm planning to move alot and My lazy side says to have it ready to use.. where ever... I have in the past had the tree problem a couple of times.... first with a coach and then with a DOme on a Eggcamper... but there have been the evenings when I just pulled over in a truck stop or walmarts and was at home immediately..

regards

TwoGypsies

Your safest bet is to actually measure your rig. You can use a 2x6 plank or similar with a long carpenter's level taped on to it. Also tape on the dumb end of a tape measure so the smart end can be dropped to the ground from your roof. Have a friend take the measurement while you have the plank balanced & level on the highest point. When all done, add 2" or so for luck and suspension bounce. Interstates are not necessarily 16 ft. The legal limit for 18 wheel trucks is 13' 6". I have encountered a few bridges on major highways that were marked 13' 6". You can buy a trucker's atlas that attempts to list all the low bridges by state. You can also buy a trucker's or an rv GPS that lets you enter your height and should warn you of an impending low bridge. I always try to remember to look for the bridge signs, which isn't easy, at least for me.
By the way, I have a Winegard on the roof but on some occasions there are just too many trees so I also carry a manual tripod unit. If doing it again I would likely buy one of the carry-out models. Good Luck with your travels!