ATF: Cyclone - Door Key Question

Vindex

We just purchased a 2014 4100 HD Cyclone and noticed there are different keys for the front and back doors. Is this normal? I would have thought that both doors would use the same key? Also, I would recommend that with the technology and the price of these units that instead of the dvd player using rca connectors go with a blueray with HDMI and make use of the nice tvs in there....it's going to be a pain trying to wire this with HDMI now and a blueray.

We are already have an appointment with a local dealer to have the slide looked at as the two tracks seem to be gouging the floor. Hopefully this can be adjusted and fixed as we haven't even camped in it yet.

Also, can scratchs in the counter top be fixed we noticed a long scratch in it when we got it?

TravisJen

We just purchased a new Torque 321 and the keys are also different for the front and rear doors. A bit of a pain in the *** considering how easily I could've been matched at the factory.

ILH

The same is true with the Road Warriors - 2 keys. I think it has something to do with being able to unlock the garage without giving access to the living quarters (although personally I wouldn't give out the key anyway). It took me the longest time to figure out what the 'house' key was for! It was for the sliding door into the garage.

porthole

Retired
The key thing was one of the few beefs I had. Someone pointed me to this place where I got a lock keyed to the same number as one of the doors, and four keys with led's in them for the whole fam. Now both doors are the same and problem solved. (yes, there are only 350 possible keys)

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Outside-RV#.UYtEqZW9zh0

Good link. I see they also offer the baggage door cam locks to be keyed to your trailer's main door.
And - that site is by far the cheapest I have found for slam latches. Cheap enough that I plan on ordering a pair to see if it is possible to retrofit mine.

DocFather

I got my '14 4100 3 weeks ago. Same key setup as described here. I am ordering a keyless lock replacement for the front door. Comes with a wireless keypad, keys and a remote fob. If it works out ok, I will do the same for the rear. It is supposed to be a 10 minute job with just a screw-driver, but you know how that can go. LOL :cool:

oscar

I got my '14 4100 3 weeks ago. Same key setup as described here. I am ordering a keyless lock replacement for the front door. Comes with a wireless keypad, keys and a remote fob. If it works out ok, I will do the same for the rear. It is supposed to be a 10 minute job with just a screw-driver, but you know how that can go. LOL :cool:

Replacing the lock with a similar different keyed lock was indeed under ten minutes......4 screws, no little pieces.