ATF: Cyclone - electrical issues 2012 300c

wdthomas

forward gfe 110 v plugs nd inverter will not work with generator (self contained) but does work with shore power.
Unit failed when what I thought was a tripped breaker. breaker was not tripped i checked the gfe plug in bathroom it did not appear tripped. all other power was working with generator microwave/rear garage 110 plugs etc.
I plugged my external generator into the rv hookup input and all power worked.
is there another breaker somewhere that I cant find.

danemayer

Hi wdthomas,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get answers and help when needed.

I'm guessing that your shore power cord is plugged into the external generator. So if the power is coming through the power cord, everything works. If it comes from the factory-installed generator, some circuits don't work.

There are breakers on the generator. Check that they're not tripped.

If they're ok, you may have a problem at the transfer switch which is where the shore power and generator power come together on the way to the main circuit breaker panel. The transfer switch ensures that only one power source is supply power to the main breaker panel at a time. If there's a loose wire or bad contact, you could be losing partial power.

wdthomas

thanks for the info Breaker on generator fixed issue.
By the way if connected to two power sources (factory henerator and shore power) wich power source does the transfer switch use .