ATF: Cyclone - Fresh water dump valve

dilley

I am trying to dump the fresh water tank. But I can't find the release valve to dump the fresh water. How do I empty the fresh water tank??? The only thing I can find is low point drains and then the grey and black water tanks. I have a 2016 Cyclone 4100 HD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi dilley,

There should be one or two short pex lines hanging down from the underbelly near the axles. Like low point drains, they'll have vavles to open allowing the tanks to be drained.

The gray and black tanks are the only ones that have gate valves.

dilley

Thanks. I see 3 lines that say low point drains. On the passenger side where the doors are, there is a red and blue line. On the driver side there is a blue line with a valve but it looks like a low point drain. is that the one?

avvidclif

The single line on the driver side drains the water tank. The two lines on the passenger side are low point drains for the water system(blue cold, red hot). At least on mine. Open all the faucets and drains. Don't forget to drain the Water Heater (remove the plug)

Lynn1130

What avvidclif said except flipping the relief valve on the top of the water heater will drain the water tank, through the low points, without having to remove the plug and flood the water heater compartment. It is a little slower but not as messy and you do not get a shower if you forget to relieve the pressure on the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujYDk8iFjI

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
What avvidclif said except flipping the relief valve on the top of the water heater will drain the water tank, through the low points, without having to remove the plug and flood the water heater compartment. It is a little slower but not as messy and you do not get a shower if you forget to relieve the pressure on the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujYDk8iFjI
I hadn't considered opening the pressure relief valve to gravity drain the water heater...a GREAT tip! I have found however that a fair amount of sediment is in the bottom of the tank when I rinse it out after draining. Translated, that means taking the plug out is still necessary.