ATF: Cyclone - Garage ramp door won't shut

While on a recent trip to Milwaukee 110th HD anniversary, we experienced a problem w/ the back door, not being able to open or close the door. Upon investigation we found the door is not square, 1/4 in wider at the top than at the bottom, and also it is 1/2 in too far to the right at the top of the door, jamming the door in the opening. The obvious question, is there a way to adjust the back door so it sits square in the opening. the only solution presently is a hyd. jack under the right rear corner under the box frame supporting the door.

jeffdee

Your signature shows that you have a 2014 Cyclone. I would recommend that you take it to the dealer. This should be investigated as a warranty issue. The only adjustment I can see on mine is to the locking mechanism on each side and that is very limited.

If you have the patio option make sure your cables are not getting caught in the door frame. I secure mine in the handles of the 3 season doors.

iowaone

I find if it doesn't close it is usually cables or not level or evenly supported. One time level up was just verily out of range. When I raised jacks it closed fine

These measurements were all taken on a flat level surface right before loading bikes w/ leveling system up, when we experienced the problem is was even worse after leveling the trailer. Now after noticing the problem, you can see the door flex in the opening while doing the auto level up. If it could be adjusted to center of the opening I feel it would alleviate the problem. Has anyone had to have their ramp door adjusted to fit the opening, and how to do it it if they have experienced this problem?

danemayer

Have you verified the auto-leveling is calibrated correctly? Put a carpenter's level on the interior floor front and rear to check.