ATF: Cyclone - Insulation issue

sccowboy

I was informed by sales that a change was made that all 2016 Cyclones would include, as standard, all insulation that was previously included on the Arctic/Yeti package. However, I understand the tank heaters and double pane windows were not part of that standard and would have to be purchased separately. Can you clarify if all 2016 had insulation or was that change made mid-production? If made mid-production can you give me a date and/or starting VIN#.

Thanks

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
sccowboy.....

On Monday morning call Heartland Customer service and ask for the Cyclone sales dept and ask your question to them. The Corp office does not look at all the ATF threads all the time, so give them a call and I'm sure you will get an answer.

BLHFUN

Canadian Artic Package was the tank heaters and the Yeti was the heated main water lines. They combined the two and call it the Canadian Artic Package for 2016. They are not Standard by any means. MSRP $899.00 for the Canadian package. Dual pane windows are also not standard and rarely ordered. MSRP $1949.00. If you camp Fall, winter or early spring, it's cheap compared to the worried nights of freezing temps. 2014 in September we were in Colorado. 1st night we dipped to 19 in Estes park with 1 inch snow. Frozen and broken pipes everywhere in the RV park. I had flipped the two switches and went to bed worry free. Well worth the investment.

Last edited:

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 2016 models do include the additional radiant technology (thermal foil) insulation (was previously a part of the Canadian Artic Package).

thanks,

AJ

jimandjean

As long as this question is being discussed, I was very curious what it would take to retrofit a coach that didn't come equipped with it already to have the tank heaters and water line heaters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

As long as this question is being discussed, I was very curious what it would take to retrofit a coach that didn't come equipped with it already to have the tank heaters and water line heaters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The underbelly (coroplast) has to be removed to gain access to the holding tanks and fresh water lines. The tank heating pads are about $150 each for a 40 gallon tank. They're dual voltage so you can elect to run 120V AC wiring or 12V DC wiring. While the coroplast is down, it's pretty easy to add heat tape to the fresh water line, along with insulation. And it would make sense to also protect the kitchen water lines.

Depending on the tank positioning, installing the tank heating pads could be easy. But on some floor plans, the black tank is above one of the gray tanks making access difficult.

If you're going to all this trouble and expense, I'd suggest heat tape on all your water lines. The cost of heat tape and controllers is low compared to heating the tanks. And once the underbelly is open, everything is much easier.