ATF: Cyclone - Insulation

Could you please tell me what the R ratings are for the insulation in our trailer as there was no 4 season or Canadian arctic package stickers on the unit when we purchased it. We purchased our cyclone about a month ago.

jimtoo

Hi trucker-mousey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

On Heartland RVs web site they have listed all the features of all the units. Your Cyclone will be listed here. The R values for the wall,8,,, floor 27,,, roof 23. If you need more information you might call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032. Have your VIN handy when you call.

Jim M

remoandiris

Even without the Arctic pkg, HL claims below freezing comfort. You'll be burning propane for the furnace though.

danemayer

Be aware that the R ratings and "comfort tested" statements apply mainly to ability to heat and cool the main living areas. They're not talking about the water systems. Also, toy hauler garages are generally not heated or cooled as well as the main living areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oscar

Be aware that the R ratings and "comfort tested" statements apply mainly to ability to heat and cool the main living areas. They're not talking about the water systems. Also, toy hauler garages are generally not heated or cooled as well as the main living areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The garages are also not insulated under the floor. We do not have he 4 season package, and it takes a while to make it warm in there when the mercury drops below the 30's.

Ladiver

We camped this weekend in the 40's and had no issue keeping it 70-72 all weekend. Even the garage was comfy. I only know of the furnace firing up 3 times during the weekend. The first time when we set up on Friday, then once in the middle of the night (early Sat. am) and again early Sunday am.

We do have the Arctic package and feel that helped tremendously. For the garage area, we have an oil filled heater that we set on low at night. I would say the animals were comfy! 72 back there all weekend long.

Hoody

I am new to the oil heaters. Could you tell me what type of heater this is that you use. We have a new Cyclone 4000. It doesn't have the artic package.
There is no insulation in the belly all. So we could use the extra heat.

Thanks,
Hoody

Ladiver

All the oil filled heaters are, are traditional radiator heaters. We have parrots that travel with us, so we needed something that would be safe for them. Anything with teflon is BAD for birds. We opted for the oil filled radiator from DeLonghi (link). It is safe for the birds and will not burn you if you touch it. It is also a great option if you are staying somewhere with power. As with any heating device, it does like electricity.

This worked perfectly for our 10' garage. I think it would also work very well in your 12' garage.

Good luck,

Jeff

Appleguy

It's very easy. I did mine with 2" pink foam carefully cut so that it was between the steel floor ribs. I attached the foam to the 1" wood floor with 2.5" screws and 1" fender washers. Then I placed 1" foam over the 2" foam and attached with 31/2" screws and washers. The 1" foam had a reflective surface on one side. And that was placed facing the road surface to. Reflect road heat. The steel floor ribs are 1.5" channel and I glued foam In between the walls of the channel. The tool box in the beaver tail is impossible to insulate so I placed a thick1/4" rubber pad on the interior surface. I have 2 fuel tanks and dropped them to insulate the floor area.

remoandiris

I doubt the arctic pkg really does much. Do you have a fireplace? I've let mine run all night and it keeps the living area nice and warm for the dogs.

I am new to the oil heaters. Could you tell me what type of heater this is that you use. We have a new Cyclone 4000. It doesn't have the artic package.
There is no insulation in the belly all. So we could use the extra heat.

Thanks,
Hoody

oscar

It's very easy. I did mine with 2" pink foam carefully cut so that it was between the steel floor ribs. I attached the foam to the 1" wood floor with 2.5" screws and 1" fender washers. Then I placed 1" foam over the 2" foam and attached with 31/2" screws and washers. The 1" foam had a reflective surface on one side. And that was placed facing the road surface to. Reflect road heat. The steel floor ribs are 1.5" channel and I glued foam In between the walls of the channel. The tool box in the beaver tail is impossible to insulate so I placed a thick1/4" rubber pad on the interior surface. I have 2 fuel tanks and dropped them to insulate the floor area.

Will have to do this. Install a vent on the fuel tank while it's down.

Appleguy

Both tanks are already vented to some sort of filter device located just ahead of the tanks on a frame cross member. I had to lower mine a few inches due to the 3" foam thickness that I had installed. Be real carefull when you drill the new hole for the filter mounting screw as it is very close to the fuel tank.