ATF: Cyclone - No heat to garage

I have a 2012 Cyclone # 3010 and a problem that I am confused about. We had a chance to use our heater this winter. I noticed when it was on and blowing heat through the vents in the living area but the vent in the garage there was cold air coming out of it. I would have thought it should have been warm air. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.

OEFVET

Everyone with a Cyclone has this issue. It is caused by a very long duct run along with many kinks in the duct. Poor factory design as we have all found out. It doesn't help that the garage does not have an insulated enclosed under belly like the living areas. Best advice is to get a space heater.

Lynn1130

If you do a search you will find a number of posts on this with some who have made some mods to fix the problem. Bottom line is that there is not much that will help and most of us have added some sort of heating in cold weather.

im_1406

I know this subject has been discussed quite a bit......but even with a heat strip in the rear AC unit doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.

DocFather

I know this subject has been discussed quite a bit......but even with a heat strip in the rear AC unit doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.

Well, it is a garage and I do not think the insulation is the same as in the living space. The floor has 1" plywood under the flooring material. So, other than a costly kero heater or electric heat blaster, other than cool summer/fall nights, an electric blanket might keep someone warm.

TX_Clay

Has anyone gone ahead and insulated the floor of their TH? Curious how much that may help with the temperature swings you get without insulation? I guess the next question is, are the walls insulated the same as the walls prior to the garage?

Lynn1130

Here is one.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47858-Cold-garage?highlight=floor+insulation+cyclone

and another. Post #25

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6117-Winterizing!?highlight=htneighbors

We elk hunt out of the Cyclone during November and December with temps down to 0. A Big Buddy propane heater keeps the garage just about right with the heater going on low. No insulation added.

Appleguy

I added a 1" layer of foam to the garage floor between the steel supports followed by a 2" layer of foam. Had to partially drop the two tanks to apply the foam. used fender washers and screws to attach the foam. Seems to help quite a bit. Also cut 3/4" foam covers for the windows applied from the inside. shades hold them in place. The window covers keep the heat out while in transit and really work well at night keeping things warm in the garage.