ATF: Cyclone - opening back doors to load motorcycles on patio

dm2776

either a bad design or me and my husband are just goofy and cant figure it out..(probably the latter). we have a 2012 3712 with the patio on the rear. it has those little plastic doors in the back. we cant figure out how to get them completely opened where they swing completely free of the loading ramp. the silver edge on the bottom gets blocked by the fence holders (probably a more technical name than that. the hinge thing for the patio fence.} fence is off. we did manage to get bikes in but would sure like that to be open all the way so you dont risk hitting it with the spoilers on the bottom of the bike (probably not called spoilers either but if you have ultra classic might can figure out what i am talking about. any info appreciated

scottyb

"Little plastic doors" Are you are referring to the 3 season patio doors on the garage? Can you take a picture and post it. I am having trouble visualizing what you are talking about. I just walked in the house from loading my Mule so it's pretty fresh on my mind.

dm2776

finally at a place with cell service...yeahh...DSCN1998[1].jpghere..maybe once i post it will show up (first time tryinDSCN1998[1].jpgg to add pic to . aaaah added twice..anyway here is the door DSCN1998[1].jpgand it catches on the gate holder. (when we load bikes we remove gate) but wanted you to see what i was talking about. so sorry for this sloppy message..i am new to this

scottyb

OK, those are the 3 season patio doors. Are you referring to the "fence holder" as the sockets that the deck railing attaches to. If so, you don't need the doors to swing beyond that point. When I load the Mule, I do not remove the rails so my patio doors are only open as wide as they can go against the rails. I use a bungee cord to hold the doors open so that the wind will not try to close them.

I have a 4100 and have the same doors. I don't think having the doors swing open farther will give you any more clearance. Are your wheel chocks staggered? We took our Road Glide Ultra with us last week and I put it to the one side and had plenty of room for another full dress Harley. I think the only way you will get more clearance would be to remove the doors completely. I see you have a condor wheel chock. Aren't those things AWESOME!!!