ATF: Cyclone - Sub Floor loose / noise in kitchen

jayandhisgals

Our new 2012 Cyclone 3712 CK HD kitchen / loung floor is loose. When you step anywhere towards the middle of the coach you can see the floor indent. It pops, squeeks and makes all kinds of noise. It appears as if the subfloor is not attached to the frame in that area. My hubby says it could be fixed by shiming underneath it. The service dept. where I purchased my rig says it's normal and all the Cyclone's do it. However I have walked thur all the other Cyclone's on the lot and none of them have this problem. Is this normal? Is this how the unit was built? Anyone else anoyed by the same problem? Anyone have a way to fix it? Thanks for any input.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not a Cyclone owner, but have had a squeak on our living area/kitchen that seems to come and go with the weather. Could not recreate for the dealer to repair, so we live with it. :)

Can you post a video or picture so we can see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Is it in line with the kitchen sink drain going to the gray tank? I think the floor may have a channel in that area for routing the 1 1/2" drain pipe into the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jayandhisgals

Not a Cyclone owner, but have had a squeak on our living area/kitchen that seems to come and go with the weather. Could not recreate for the dealer to repair, so we live with it. :)

Can you post a video or picture so we can see it?

Can you see your floor move when it squeeks?
Hubby said he measured it and the floor is moving about 3/4 of an inch.
Great idea to make a video. I didn't even think of that! I am def. going to try. Rig is at dealer right now getting some warranty work done but when she gets home I will try to get a video. Don't know how long it will take me to get it posted. I am not very good with technology. But I will try. :confused:

TravelTiger

Ours seems to be under carpet, but the sound sometimes happens also when in the kitchen. I don't see any boards raised.

jayandhisgals

Ours seems to be under carpet, but the sound sometimes happens also when in the kitchen. I don't see any boards raised.

Sounds to me like you have the usuall squeeks and creeks. We could deal with that. It's to be expected. What we have going on it something totally different.

jayandhisgals

Is it in line with the kitchen sink drain going to the gray tank? I think the floor may have a channel in that area for routing the 1 1/2" drain pipe into the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope, it's down the entire center of the rig. The floor looks flat until you step on it then you can see it move about 3/4 on an inch. The entire thing goes dudunk and bows downwards. Around the heater vent you can see the vent stays in place but the subfloor dips and comes to rest on the duct. Away from the duct the floor gives more, move the the edges of the flooring right next to the sink and it's solid. Very strange.

TravelTiger

I would see if I could get a video and call Heartland. They can tell what needs to be done and direct you to a service facility.

I have a 2013 Prowler 32P BHS with a loud creaky floor area in the center of my coach. Started a few weeks after I picked it up. Took back to dealer twice and also called Heartland Rvs about it, they say it is the nature of the beast. They also said that even the higherline models have this same issue. Any of there Rvs that have heat ducts ran through floor. It is so annoying hearing anybody that walks through my RV with a creaky floor. You would think it was 20 years old!! All the other issues I have had, they have taken care of which is great. Just not understanding why not the floor. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. I'm ready to trade it back in!!! Sorry for venting. Good Luck getting help with the floor creak from Heartland!

danemayer

Hi snoopydog710,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sorry you're having a problem with your Prowler. I'm not familiar with the Prowler construction, so I really don't have any suggestions for you. But perhaps another Prowler owner has experience in this area and will chime in.

CactusTwo

Exact same problem, floor deflecting around vent in kitchen area. Structure of floor starts with plywood or OSB substraight where the lino is glued to, that is "fastened" to 2x2 dimensional lumber running front to back, floor vent ducting run between them front to back, that is why they are 2" deep. Open web steel joists run side to side and are welded to the 2 main beams, your black coroplast panels are attached to that (plastic stuff you see under the rig. I have opened it all up to super insulate and have seen that the water tanks are saddled between those steel floor joists and are spread 30" apart to accept those tanks, the 2x2's are loose not connected to the steel joists. There will always be floor movement, but I plan to screw through the steel web joists into the 2x2's from underneath with 2" screws to hold them together and REDUCE the heaving. Best case senario
Len