ATF: Cyclone - UDC Plumbing

sbryan

I know this is an old rig but our 2007 3795 has two water valves in the UDC. The left valve shuts off the city water supply but I have no idea what the right valve does. When I open it when connected to city water, water flows out of a drain below the UDC. The owner manual doesn't have any data on the UDC valves. Just as a side note, this 11 year old Cyclone has been a gem. We still love it even if it doesn't have all the new bells and whistles. Hope you can help. Thanks. With some luck the attached photo will help understand the question.

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_144414.jpg
    IMG_20180929_144414.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

Maybe its some type of hot water bypass system, for when you winterize your rig. All current ones have bypass valve in the UDC, for this. With you water heater empty, and the annode rod out..try manipulating these valves and see if the water flow is interrupted to the hot water tank.

sbryan

Maybe its some type of hot water bypass system, for when you winterize your rig. All current ones have bypass valve in the UDC, for this. With you water heater empty, and the annode rod out..try manipulating these valves and see if the water flow is interrupted to the hot water tank.

Good guess but I don't think so. The bypass valves for the hot water heater are on the back of the water heater, under the sink. If I were to guess I'd suspect it may have something to do with switching from city water to the fresh water tank but right now the fresh water tank is empty. Winterizing is done from the basement under the bedroom where I can slide open the water pump compartment and switch a valce to pull from the RV antifreeze instead of from the fresh water tank.

Anyone else with ideas? You're welcome to chime in.

LBR

If those valves look factory installed, maybe that right valve is your fresh water tank drain (or overflow shutoff) valve.

jbeletti

Are you able to access the back side of the UDC? If so, try to follow those lines to see where they connect to.

sbryan

Are you able to access the back side of the UDC? If so, try to follow those lines to see where they connect to.
Jim,
It looks like it might allow me to drain the fresh water tank using the pump instead of the gravity drain. The valve appears to open to a drain hose and does connect to the house side of the pump.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk