ATF: Cyclone - WARRANTY

Why am I having such a problem with dealerships and them servicing a warranty I have had my toy hauler less than a year it has been in the shop for 3 months waiting on warranty work I don't understand why the dealers refuse to fix issues under warranty. Every time I take it in I have to bring it back because it has not been done right. do you require your dealers to be factory trained or is it just guess work? You need to take a serious look at the factory QA / QC. and then spend some time training the companies who sell your product. I was told by a dealership owner that they don't make any money on fixing factory warranty issues so they don't want to do them that is very obvious as my rig sits there with nothing done. I am active duty and military and have no choice where I get it serviced. I know live 5000 miles away from where I bought it I WOULD LIKE A MANAGER TO CALL ME

danemayer

Hi dillonkiley6221,

Sorry you're having problems with dealer service. My theory is that due to the seasonal nature of the RV business, dealers have way too much work during RV season and but may be idle in the off-season. One way some dealers manage the long service times that result is to give preferential treatment to the customers who bought from them. That may be part of what you're experiencing.

Some of our owners have found that they get better service from independent servicers who don't sell RVs. They have to do a good job at repair work or they'll go out of business.

Heartland is pretty flexible about authorizing warranty work at non-Heartland locations - you just need advance approval. You might want to check with local RV parks and especially with RV resorts to see if they can give you any recommendations. Then call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Heartland can check out the service location and give you the go-ahead. You'll also have a chance to discuss other concerns.

TXTiger

Each dealer is different. My local dealer gives me great service even though I did not purchase my Cyclone from them. When I needed warranty work I just called them and they would make an appointment for me to bring in my rig when they were ready to begin work on it, usually within two weeks. The work was finished within two weeks of drop off and they would call me to pick it up to make room for other incoming repairs. As Dan said,sometimes it is better to use an independent repair shop. Just have Heartland approve the repair in advance. You need to call Heartland, not wait for a manager to call you. Heartland may even be able to refer you to another dealer or independent shop in your area.

DesertThumper

Hi Two Toes,

I would call Heartland too. I did and spoke to Ian in the Warranty Department. He made records of what we discussed over the phone today so that way when I take it in, he is aware of what my dealer will turn in (paper works) and can assist with expedite the necessary parts and approval. If you have had a good relationship with your local dealer in the past, it might be approval like Ian said from Heartland. I picked his brain all the way down to the protocols and I get a very good understanding now when I may run into an issue or need assistance from them. This will help you get things moving forward swiftly. Give him or someone their a call for a piece of mind and you can see where exactly the ball dropped.

Take care.

Al