ATF: Cyclone - wrong tires???

So , getting my 3800 ready for my next trip and while checking the tires found 3 with broken belts , big surprise , anyway I for some reason checked the tag on front of unit and it says that it has st235/85/r16 G rated. WRONG , I in fact have st230/80/r16 E rated , which I'm sure explains the broken belts , and oh yeah , one side wall blow out .
so where do you think my G's went , back on factory shelf , dealer , or someone else's unit ?
Surely this isn't common practice ,doesn't even seem legal . Good thing I didn't follow that tag and fill the tires to 110 lbs .they only have 5000 mi but at 110 lb psi they would have gone a long time ago.
Think I have any recourse ??

Attachments

• 20150523_101609-4.jpg
    20150523_101609-4.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 51

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
You have a rig that is almost 4 years old and your just now finding out that the tires are not correct? Did you buy this new or was it sold as used? I would not think the factory will do anything for you.

danemayer

Is yours a 3 axle configuration? If so, I'd be surprised if Heartland shipped with LR G tires rated at 3750 lbs.

I remember a few posts about Cyclones in past years where labels had GVWR wrong and the label had to be replaced. It's possible your label has the wrong tire info.

Maybe another 2012 Cyclone 3800 owner can provide some insight.

GOTTOYS

The broken belts are due to the low quality Chinese made ST tires that every trailer came with when new. If you got more than one year out of them consider yourself lucky. They're old tires at this point and after 4 years are due for replacement anyway. That's longer than they usually last. Just replace them and move on. Heartland isn't obligated to do anything for you after 4 years. Sorry....Don

it is a '12 , purchased in late '13 , been on 2 trips as stated 4 to 5000 mi. I looked at the top of the tag where in larger type it says tire pressure 10 lbs psi , figured they expected owner to check tires for inflation , I did , that's why I used 80 lb psi , didn't notice the smaller type with G rating. Besides the time is really irrelevant whether it's 5 weeks or 5 years , the issue is the trailer build info says one thing and I received a lesser item. Am I to assume that if I checked I really have 5000 lb axles not 6000 , 60 gal of water not a 100 ? That's the real issue , no I didn't notice the difference on the tag , I guess I just figured they installed everything as advertised .

danemayer

I looked at the top of the tag where in larger type it says tire pressure 10 lbs psi
That's a pretty positive indication that the person who created the tag made at least one mistake. It's not a big jump to conclude that the label needs to be replaced with one that has correct information.

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Don't start with what the label says. Ask what tires your trailer is supposed to have and go from there.