ATF: Landmark - Flush ports for bath and a half

Lewmarbell

Lewis Bell
I can't find it written anywhere, so I just want to confirm which flush port goes with which black tank. With our Newport (1 bath and 1 half bath) I have two flush ports, side-by-side. Which one is for the full bath and which one is for the half bath? Our "trainer" at the dealership had never seen this model before and got several things wrong when we were going over the unit, so we just wanted to make sure. I assume that left is FULL and right is HALF...

danemayer

Hi Lewmarbell,

Congratulations on the Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The good news is that this is covered on page 22 of our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide. You may also find other info that your trainer didn't know.

I've attached a picture from the guide.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club. There's a pretty active and fun Colorado chapter. Consider joining us at the Buena Vista Rally in mid-May.

Attachments

• UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 90

tommyboy

Hi, just bought 2016 Newport bath and a half. On mine it's opposite of what you would think. The full bath is on the right and the half is on the left. After almost flooding my full bath, I think I'm going to switch the lines behind the wall in the underbelly.

danemayer

Hi, just bought 2016 Newport bath and a half. On mine it's opposite of what you would think. The full bath is on the right and the half is on the left. After almost flooding my full bath, I think I'm going to switch the lines behind the wall in the underbelly.

Sounds like maybe the installer made an error when connecting them. Probably easy to fix.

Lewmarbell

Lewis Bell
Mine is the same as Tommyboy's. It seems like they could label those at the factory to prevent overfilling the tanks. :(

Also, I'm getting a REALLY bad odor when I dump the black tanks --odd for a brand new unit. We've owned many motorhomes prior to this 5th wheel (so I know all about using odor tabs, etc.) and we've never smelled an odor this bad after dumping and flushing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I can't find it written anywhere, so I just want to confirm which flush port goes with which black tank. With our Newport (1 bath and 1 half bath) I have two flush ports, side-by-side. Which one is for the full bath and which one is for the half bath? Our "trainer" at the dealership had never seen this model before and got several things wrong when we were going over the unit, so we just wanted to make sure. I assume that left is FULL and right is HALF...

Sorry your walk through went like most of our did. Make sure you check out the user guide Dan provided there is a ton of very helpful information in there for you. Between that and this forum you'll have it all figured out soon.

This should be an easy swap of the lines on the back of the docking station only take a few seconds after you remove the wall. Good idea to tighten all of the fittings and the Coax cables while you back there.

Mine is the same as Tommyboy's. It seems like they could label those at the factory to prevent overfilling the tanks. :(
I got a Label maker from Costco or Amazon and labeled everything in the docking station and all of my coax plates after I figured out what was what. This takes out the guess work each time you use it. We use our rig a lot and I still have to figure it out each time.

Also, I'm getting a REALLY bad odor when I dump the black tanks --odd for a brand new unit. We've owned many motorhomes prior to this 5th wheel (so I know all about using odor tabs, etc.) and we've never smelled an odor this bad after dumping and flushing.
We had the bad odors after traveling with our new LM365 in the first few months of use. I stated spending a little more time cleaning the tanks and haven't had any bad odors sense. you could have a venting problem but ours went away.