ATF: Lippert Level-Up System

avvidclif

In my limited experience with this 6 point leveling system it seems it only understands UP. If one side is low how about rather that trying to raise it every time lower the other side. My parking spot is almost level, it has a slight down to drain water, abt 3.5" over 45'. By the time the trailer leveled itself this afternoon the back jacks were almost all the way extended and they were on 4x6" blocks. If it had not been for them it wouldn't have leveled.

Anyone else notice this. Almost makes you want to put it on manual. Last weekend was the same at a park, the DS were extended way out and the tires off the ground and the PS extended well over half way.

huntur

In my limited experience with this 6 point leveling system it seems it only understands UP. If one side is low how about rather that trying to raise it every time lower the other side. My parking spot is almost level, it has a slight down to drain water, abt 3.5" over 45'. By the time the trailer leveled itself this afternoon the back jacks were almost all the way extended and they were on 4x6" blocks. If it had not been for them it wouldn't have leveled.

Anyone else notice this. Almost makes you want to put it on manual. Last weekend was the same at a park, the DS were extended way out and the tires off the ground and the PS extended well over half way.

Mine does does the same .
Would like some in put from more experienced users.
Only way around it is to manual.
Great question !

danemayer

I've been using the 4 point for nearly 5 years. The operation is essentially the same as 6 point. My unit is an early design that only allows one AUTO operation per power cycle. I assume they designed it that way to prevent an accidental operation and later decided to reverse that decision. I don't usually care to cut power to get another AUTO level operation at the next campground because it also resets the refrigerator cycle.

As a result, I almost always manually level.

• First step is to extend the front jacks. Unhitch and move the truck.
  • Second, readjust the front jacks to get the trailer as close to level front-to-rear as possible, sitting on front jacks and wheels in the rear.
  • Third, extend the rear jacks to finish leveling front-to-rear, now on all 4 jacks. Wheels generally are slightly unweighted but still on the ground.
  • Final step is to adjust side to side. The control panel lights indicate which side button to push, and the display shows the countdown as the rig approaches side-to-side level.

While the process requires me to pay attention, the time involved is roughly the same.

With the 4 point system, there's one additional step which is to extend the rear stabilizers.

There are some sites that are off level on both axes and occasionally I might have to let the Auto function do the work because it can adjust each of the 4 jacks independently. Individual jack adjustments can be done manually, but is tricky.

huntur

I've been using the 4 point for nearly 5 years. The operation is essentially the same as 6 point. My unit is an early design that only allows one AUTO operation per power cycle. I assume they designed it that way to prevent an accidental operation and later decided to reverse that decision. I don't usually care to cut power to get another AUTO level operation at the next campground because it also resets the refrigerator cycle.

As a result, I almost always manually level.

• First step is to extend the front jacks. Unhitch and move the truck.
  • Second, readjust the front jacks to get the trailer as close to level front-to-rear as possible, sitting on front jacks and wheels in the rear.
  • Third, extend the rear jacks to finish leveling front-to-rear, now on all 4 jacks. Wheels generally are slightly unweighted but still on the ground.
  • Final step is to adjust side to side. The control panel lights indicate which side button to push, and the display shows the countdown as the rig approaches side-to-side level.

While the process requires me to pay attention, the time involved is roughly the same.

With the 4 point system, there's one additional step which is to extend the rear stabilizers.

There are some sites that are off level on both axes and occasionally I might have to let the Auto function do the work because it can adjust each of the 4 jacks independently. Individual jack adjustments can be done manually, but is tricky.

Much appreciated.
Im going to use this process from now on !
Can already see how this will alleviate the up problem.
Thanks again.