ATF: Mallard - M26 Slide Out

dutchee75

I am curious if the slide needs occasional adjustment and if so is there any literature available or how to videos? Also, is it unusual for it to be slightly un-level with almost a sag when fully extended? I put a bubble on the outer wall of the TT and the Slide out and there is a difference? It opens and closes fine best I can tell. It does seem to snug up top or bottom depending if it's being opened or closed (was told to kill power to slide when I hear the motor sound change).

tjflyer

I just bought a Mallard M26 and it's still at the dealer. I will be curious to know if anyone else has the same experience you have with the slide out leveling. My dealer is performing a couple of upgrades and I requested a slide topper to be installed. But unfortunately Heartland does not install a backing on the slide out wall strong enough to support a bracket to hold the awning roll. This is a surprise and has been confirmed by calling Heartland. I would have never suspected this on any RV. Does anyone know of a different product or topper design to accomplish the same protection and cover the slide-out roof? Thanks!

But unfortunately Heartland does not install a backing on the slide out wall strong enough to support a bracket to hold the awning roll. This is a surprise and has been confirmed by calling Heartland.

Just got a M26 bunk house and the walk through guy strongly suggested one although i doubt he is an expert. Will have to ask around.