Slide Out Not Level

We own a 2014 North Trail 32RLTS and our large slide out isn't level when fully open. It is almost a full bubble off level with the back end being significantly worse than the front. While under warranty, I took it in to the dealer where I purchased it. They tightened all the cable but there was no improvement in getting it level (or even close to level). The technician said there was nothing more he could do and that it is just "the nature of the beast". Has anyone had this problem and if so, do you have any suggested solutions or is it just the nature of the beast?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you say back end to front end are you talking front the front of the camper to the rear or out from the wall of the camper?
The slides do lean out away from the camper.

Peace
Dave

Dave, with the trailer level and putting a carpenter's level on the side of the slide out, the end closes to the hitch is almost vertical while the end closes to the rear bumper is off almost a full bubble on the level. I can also see this on the inside with the slide out touching the side of the trailer at the top seal but having a 1 inch gap at the bottom.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If there is a one inch gap at the bottom then I would say that your dealer does not know how to adjust a slide.
Just tightening the cables is not adjusting the slide.
If you are handy you can check out these slide manuals posted in the "Tools" area located at the top of every page here. Depending on the manufacturer of your slide out you may be able to adjust it yourself.
Here is the link to slide out manuals. [LINK]

Peace
Dave