ATF: MPG - I want answers about our new MPG 185!

Well my husband and I finally bought a new trailer yesterday. Even though I had a bad taste in my mouth with Heartland over the whole MPG deal, we ended up getting a new Focus FX17 from a local dealer. They gave us very good deal when we told them of our recent bad experience with RVW.

It is a bit heavier but it seems to be a pretty solid trailer, much more so than the MPG, and our TV pulls it like a champ. We tested it going up inclines. I like how the twin beds can convert to a queen/king and a slide-out wasn't necessary since it is 7.5 and has plenty of walk thru room.

We are still battling with RVW and I am about to file a complaint with the BBB. We will make them wish they never crossed our paths when we are done.
I guess now we will be going over to the Focus (North Trail) Forum.
Thanks everyone for your support. :)

Last edited:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I'm very happy you got things worked out (at least as far as a new trailer goes). If you ever get to Northwest Wyoming look us up. We'll be panning our fall rally soon and would love to see your new focus. If you have any interest let me know and I'll keep you posted. Best of luck.

I'm very happy you got things worked out (at least as far as a new trailer goes). If you ever get to Northwest Wyoming look us up. We'll be panning our fall rally soon and would love to see your new focus. If you have any interest let me know and I'll keep you posted. Best of luck.

Thanks Cody! We have friends in Saratoga. Please let me know when you have a date and place for the Rally, we would love to come.

ParkIt

Good to hear you got something you are happy with and shame on RVW for not communicating with you from the day they got delivery until...its resolved. Check the SCRA about help on that part, also military as well ;)

2¢: when we first started looking at HL's in 2008, RVW was one of the companies we were going to buy from, at that time they were very helpful and responsive over the phone and email. Three years later I saw a BH we liked online and when I tried to inquire about it, all I got was some one liner email response and that made me nervous. Another dealer in Texas had the floor plan and color we really wanted in a BC, the sales person AND manager (retired military) went out of their way to send me additional pictures, full list of the unit, the VIN before purchase with a picture of it, cleaned the underside from all corrosives (it was hauled down during winter) also making sure the VIN matched our paperwork to the picture before we sent them any funds. They had no problem with me being so picky about that and returned my calls promptly if I had to leave a message. They even arranged to have it hauled almost 2800 miles up here at a lower cost than any transport company and that delivery driver spent 5 hours going over the unit with me.

Its too bad you had to go through what you have - its not like you are both sitting around trying to get one up on other people, you are both out helping others and there is no thanks for that. This just adds insult to injury but don't give up on RVW, they need to make this right as well.

This just adds insult to injury but don't give up on RVW, they need to make this right as well.

I do not have any faith that RVW will make things right. I'll re-post the results of all this, but it may take a while. We will fight till death if necessary. They also don't know what a good blogger I am, nor that I plan to write to Good Sam's Highways magazine. This is not over by all means.