ATF: North Trail - Do I require slide locks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBX-GL

I have been talking with some RVer's that require slide locks on there trailers while traveling. Saw a thread discussing this on Trailer Life forum. Due to a long up coming trip am wondering, do the North Trail TTs require slide locks. What is my slide mechanism called, will they help the longevity of my slide seal from leaks, and if yes, where do i install them.

Thank you in advance !

Manzan

Re: ATF: North Trail - Do i require slide locks

We have been out twice in our NT 21 FBS so far and there is no evidence we need locks on the slide. Our SOB with a slide we had previously did not need one either. Our NT has a cable system to operate the slide.

jnbhobe

I would think if locks were needed they would be provided by the manufacturer!! They had them on a Sunline TT I had and they came with the unit.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.

We just got back from a 2 week trip down 101 and back on the Oregon Coast, 101 is getting so bad in some spots, like a bumpy roller coaster. Anyway no problems with the slide out. This is our first RV with a slide out and didn't even know about slide locks. Ours never moved.

pegmikef

I've got 4k miles on my NT26LRSS and no slide locks. When I was comparing TTs, some had them and some didn't. My slider has never moved while traveling on all kinds of terrain.

OBX-GL

I thank you all for your thoughts but i thought this was where i would be able to get the factory's stance on slide locks. I posted this question in the general area and was directed here.

Where is the factory dudes and dudetts ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

If you post in ATF, and your question is answered by other forum members, the factory may not respond.
You could also give them a call if you need more information.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

M

Mcreech

The slides that Heartland uses on the NT do not require slide locks....There are many different type of systems out there and some might need slide locks, However the NT do not...

Thanks

Hunter

Newby

We went from Ontario to Yellowstone & back; as well as many trips to Algonquin Park (5 hours from home) and never experienced any need for slide locks.

OBX-GL

//heartlandowners.org/member.php/2519-Mcreech//heartlandowners.org/member.php/2519-McreechMcreech. Thanks again!
As i have heard some slide leaking issues form the lack of locks not being used i wanted to be sure of the Heartland slide style.

Thanks to you all again as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.