ATF: Sundance - Curbside Basement door

GreggHaas

on our 2016 3280 RES Wondering if I can change the Gas struts so the door will open wider. It is nice to have the struts on it to hold it open, but the door will not open to even 90* so when full open it hits me just above waist high. I am 6'1" tall. it will be really unhandy loading & unloading things form this side.

Bones

Your struts may be like mine were and are two stage struts. Once the door is open you need to push up on the edge and they move up again to open wider.

IMG_20150701_162448.jpgIMG_20150701_162525.jpg

I hope this helps. Just a side note. The struts were too tough with the flimsy hinge style so I changed them out for single stage struts to open the door now

IMG_20151115_134011.jpg

This picture is with the single stage. I may change these out for stronger ones. they seem to be a little week. I will see how they work out during the season.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you have a NAPA store near you...they have struts. Just make sure you take a strut with you so you get the correct #'s rating. If they are too strong..you can rip the strut mounts off the door. Don't ask how I know.

Bones

If you have a NAPA store near you...they have struts. Just make sure you take a strut with you so you get the correct #'s rating. If they are too strong..you can rip the strut mounts off the door. Don't ask how I know.
Got a little carried away with some struts I see......:cool:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
YEP. Also you better make sure that the rams are not toooo long...then you cant shut the door.

GreggHaas

thank you all. I will check to see if they are two stage struts. But I like the full open option with magnets like on the other side. but may want to be able hold door a 90* so if I mount a tv the door will act as sun shade so in that case a little longer strut will fit the bill. its interesting because I bet the magnet used on the street side is cheaper than the two struts and mounts. thanks again all

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can also check out www.Hatchlift.com, they sell kits fir different size doors, with "under slideout" two position or "full open" styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk