ATF: Sundance - Thermostat wiring

johnf

My furnace is not working. Do you have a circuit diagram for the Thermostat please ? I have checked the documents in the "Tools" tab but it is not there. The 2900 MK6 Sundance has a Duotherm AC & Suburban SF35 furnace operating from a single thermostat in the bedroom.

Last edited:

johnf

Thanks Dan, I checked the document which has the pin details for the thermostat but no circuit diagram. I have an analog thermostat. I have removed the AC unit and replaced it with a Vantastic vent. It appears the cabling from the Furnace to the Thermostat goes via the AC unit which is now removed. I was looking for a circuit diagram showing how the Thermostat interconnects with the AC & Furnace so I can reconnect the wires correctly from Thermostat to Furnace so the Thermostat will still control the furnace.

edit:- I figured it out. The RED & WHITE wires at the AC opening going to the furnace connect to the RED & WHITE wires at the AC opening going to the thermostat. Furnace is now going.
John

Last edited:

johnf

Well. I thought it was working. The furnace works ok when connecting the two blue thermostat control wires together but wont work when connected to the Duotherm thermostat. It looks like a digital thermostat as there is no bimetalic strip in it. I think maybe this thermostat will only work with an AC connected to it and wont work as a stand alone thermostat for the furnace. Its hard to know without a proper wiring diagram for the thermostat. Does anyone know what thermostat will work with the Suburban SF-35 furnace ? I have bee trying to find a website for suburban so I can ask them the question but no luck finding who makes them so far ? The pic below is the duotherm with the cover off
IMG_7709.JPG

danemayer

johnf,

I think the problem may be that in removing the A/C unit, you removed the relay box that houses the relays that the thermostat controls. In other words, I don't think the furnace is connected directly to the thermostat.

I think that box may have two sets of relays to operate both the A/C and the furnace. So I don't know if this will help, but here's some additional info on thermostats.

Here's a link to the Suburban website.

johnf

Thanks for the links Dan,
I have emailed Suburban asking them the question. Maybe I need to use a Hunter or Honeywell thermostat but these are not readily available over here. We unfortunately don't have the choice you guys have. I found plenty on Amazon but none of the sellers ship to Oz.
Edit : - Update
Dometic got back to me, it seems I need the control box from the removed AC unit to work the thermostat so it looks like I will need to source a new thermostat.

We are very sorry to hear about the Tornado damage in Oklahoma and we are praying for the survivors. We are thinking of them and hope they can recover quickly.

Last edited: