Atwood Hydro Flame Furnace thermostat Question

Makotech

I have a 2017 Lynx, took it out for the first time this last weekend to test all components and devices and glad to report everything worked well but have one question about the furnace thermostat. The furnace is a Atwood brand I believe a series AFM. The mechanical thermostat is very difficult to turn on. The on/off switch at the top is very hard to click on and off and also the temp slide on the bottom is difficult to determine at what setting it is being set at, you have to sort of slide it back and forth to get it to a comfortable temp. So my question is can the mechanical thermostat be replaced with a digital thermostat? Has anyone replaced one of these with a digital and if so was there a particular type or brand? GEDC1218.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what kind of wiring you have going to your thermostat you may be able to change over to a digital.
If you have red, yelo, black, white, brown and orange you should be able to swat it out. All of those wires may not be used.
Many have changed to a digital thermostat.
And I deleted your duplicate picture.

Peace
Dave

Makotech

Depending on what kind of wiring you have going to your thermostat you may be able to change over to a digital.
If you have red, yelo, black, white, brown and orange you should be able to swat it out. All of those wires may not be used.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, I think I will need to take it off the wall this weekend and see how it is wired.

Makotech

Peace
Dave
Update-took the mechanical thermostat off the wall, had a multi wire cable coming in to it but was only using the red and white wire for the mechanical thermostat. Had a spare digital Honeywell left over from another project. Wired it according to the digital thermostat wire diagram and it work perfect, cycled on and off at set temp. Thanks for the info